What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lise

Supposedly the high end salons will open sterile packages in front of you. The dinky ones don't. I mean, you could technically bring your own tools there and ask that they use.

The one time I went to the Kingsway spa, it was horrible. I was amazed that they just dip the stuff into warm water before cutting my nails. Not the best experience. I won't be going back.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

This is going to be my winter project.  Complete with original wooden wheels.  I couldn't resist its charms.

[img style="width: 373px; height: 280px;" src="http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/9246/img0047h.jpg"]

[img style="width: 612px; height: 460px;" src="http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8800/img0046t.jpg"]

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

I'm not sure Gophie.  That's something I'm not very good at, establishing time frames.  Some things I know by certain characteristics, but many I don't.  I'm guessing maybe the 20's ???  

The-Lazy-O

Those little wheels on the foot of the desk make me think 1930-40 but the front handles and the shape of the desk make me think 1900-1910
i am at a complete loss on how to age it. i  do know it is beautiful and would like to compliment you on your good eye. enjoy the restoration project. i am slightly jealous over it...

P.C.

Hey thanks Lazy O.   That's what threw me a little.  The hardware looks original...and I would have given it the 1900's too.  But the style is a mystery.  I've been half thinking about cutting the center bridge out and making a pair of bedside tables.   I'm not usually a fan of killing antiques, but I don't need a desk.  For 15 bucks, I might just have a little fun with it.  

Russ

I bought this;  not quite as big as I wanted.. but the price was right.[meta XXXX-EQUIV="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"][meta name="ProgId" content="Word.Document"][meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 12"][meta name="Originator" content="Microsoft Word 12"][link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CRussfest%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"][link rel="themeData" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CRussfest%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_themedata.thmx"][link rel="colorSchemeMapping" href="file:///C:%5CUsers%5CRussfest%5CAppData%5CLocal%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_colorschememapping.xml"][!--[if gte mso 9]][xml]  [w:WordDocument]   [w:View]Normal[/w:View]   [w:Zoom]0[/w:Zoom]   [w:TrackMoves/]   [w:TrackFormatting/]   [w:PunctuationKerning/]   [w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/]   [w:SaveIfXMLInvalid]false[/w:SaveIfXMLInvalid]   [w:IgnoreMixedContent]false[/w:IgnoreMixedContent]   [w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText]false[/w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText]   [w:DoNotPromoteQF/]   [w:LidThemeOther]EN-CA[/w:LidThemeOther]   [w:LidThemeAsian]X-NONE[/w:LidThemeAsian]   [w:LidThemeComplexScript]X-NONE[/w:LidThemeComplexScript]   [w:Compatibility]    [w:BreakWrappedTables/]    [w:SnapToGridInCell/]    [w:WrapTextWithPunct/]    [w:UseAsianBreakRules/]    [w:DontGrowAutofit/]    [w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/]    [w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/]    [w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/]    [w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/]    [w:Word11KerningPairs/]    [w:CachedColBalance/]   [/w:Compatibility]   [w:BrowserLevel]MicrosoftInternetExplorer4[/w:BrowserLevel]   [m:mathPr]    [m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/]    [m:brkBin m:val="before"/]    [m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/]    [m:smallFrac m:val="off"/]    [m:dispDef/]    [m:lMargin m:val="0"/]    [m:rMargin m:val="0"/]    [m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/]    [m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/]    [m:intLim m:val="subSup"/]    [m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/]   [/m:mathPr][/w:WordDocument] [/xml][![endif]--][!--[if gte mso 9]][xml]  [w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true"   DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99"   LatentStyleCount="267"]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false"    UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/]   [w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/]  [/w:LatentStyles] [/xml][![endif]--][style] [!--  /* Font Definitions */  @font-face    (font-family:"Cambria Math";    panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;    mso-font-charset:1;    mso-generic-font-family:roman;    mso-font-format:other;    mso-font-pitch:variable;    mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;) @font-face    (font-family:Calibri;    panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;    mso-font-charset:0;    mso-generic-font-family:swiss;    mso-font-pitch:variable;    mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;)  /* Style Definitions */  p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal    (mso-style-unhide:no;    mso-style-qformat:yes;    mso-style-parent:"";    margin-top:0cm;    margin-right:0cm;    margin-bottom:10.0pt;    margin-left:0cm;    lineh-eight:115%;    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;    font-size:11.0pt;    font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;    mso-fareast-language:EN-US;) a:link, span.MsoHyperlink    (mso-style-priority:99;    color:blue;    mso-themecolor:hyperlink;    text-decoration:underline;    text-underline:single;) a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed    (mso-style-noshow:yes;    mso-style-priority:99;    color:purple;    mso-themecolor:followedhyperlink;    text-decoration:underline;    text-underline:single;) .MsoChpDefault    (mso-style-type:export-only;    mso-default-props:yes;    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;    mso-fareast-language:EN-US;) .MsoPapDefault    (mso-style-type:export-only;    margin-bottom:10.0pt;    lineh-eight:115%;) @page Section1    (size:612.0pt 792.0pt;    margin:72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt 72.0pt;    mso-header-margin:36.0pt;    mso-footer-margin:36.0pt;    mso-paper-source:0;) div.Section1    (page:Section1;) --] [/style][!--[if gte mso 10]] [style]  /* Style Definitions */  table.MsoNormalTable    (mso-style-name:"Table Normal";    mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0;    mso-tstyle-colband-size:0;    mso-style-noshow:yes;    mso-style-priority:99;    mso-style-qformat:yes;    mso-style-parent:"";    mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;    mso-para-margin-top:0cm;    mso-para-margin-right:0cm;    mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt;    mso-para-margin-left:0cm;    lineh-eight:115%;    mso-pagination:widow-orphan;    font-size:11.0pt;    font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";    mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri;    mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;    mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";    mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;    mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri;    mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;) [/style] [![endif]--]  [p class="MsoNormal"][a href="http://www.intexcorp.com/metal15x48.htm"]http://www.intexcorp.com/metal15x48.htm[/a][/p][p class="MsoNormal"]
[/p]  

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

HEY !!!!  NICE !!!  Have you set it up yet ?  

Russ

P.C. wrote:
HEY !!!!  NICE !!!  Have you set it up yet ?  

oh yes. lol. Starfishie was unloading the other stuff we had bought adn wondered where I was. I was already in the backyard with papers flying all over in teh wind and pipes rolling down the driveway. Who needs instructions. I also have discovered that my backyard is not flat like what I had always thought. Over the 15 foot span it drops 4 inches. Never noticed it before.
Waters been in a few days now and its still freakin freezing. Im thinking about rigging up a poor mans solar heater.
EDIT: dammit ive been browsing sites again now for about the last 30 minutes.

P.C.

Good idea on the solar heating.  You can also get those thermal pool covers to keep the heat in.  They work amazingly well.

http://www.builditsolar.com/Projects/PoolHeating/pool_heating.htm#Homemade

Russ

It came with some sort of cover but I didnt like it. So I just bought one of those floating covers with the little bubbles in it.. Damn thing wasnt 15 feet like it said it was! its like 13.5! Arrgh.

Yeah.. im still looking for stuff on craigslist now for supplies to build some sort of solar heater.

LM@work

MrLM was researching solar water heating systems a while ago.  Will get him to contact you about this.

purelife

What a beautiful piece of antique desk you have there, P.C.!  Did you buy it from an Antique store?  I can't wait to see the after photos.

Nice pool Russ.  It's so refreshing to cool down in the pool on a hot summer day like today.

Russ

Hello miss PL, LM, and PC!
Would love to hear what he thought of or found out miss LM.. Ive been measuring and looking things over.

Yeah miss PL.. it IS nice, lol. Ive suddenly got people randomly stopping by. One person seems to be over every day.. I came back this afternoon after a haircut and running around to find him bbqing and swimming in the pool with his girlfriend.. then didnt think anything of it. Hmm..

Lil Me

Will ask him, Russ.

Love the desk, P.C.
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

|