What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Lil Me

Laundry detergent and mixer late last night.  The mixer seemed a bit superfluous, since I'm out of vodka, but I was at the StupidStore anyways and tonic water is only $1.18 for 2L.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Fish, Bread, Oats, and Sausages.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

Canada Post bubble ma-thingy with my cousin's wedding gift that I got from the Chinese Garden in Chinatown. A paper cutting happy marriage silk scroll. I have to keep the 'globe trotting, worldly, and random' label.

Its getting more and more difficult to keep this image going. I figure I'll get my cousin a Granville Island t-shirt.  He likes beer, his nice shirts when he goes somewhere either have metallica, john deere, or budweiser on them (classy shirts, not white tees). So If I got him the Granville Island it would be the equavalent to H&M for him.

lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

So we won't be seeing him on the cover of GQ any time soon ?  lol

Today I bought an iron picket type of fence railing to re-do my balcony railing (which still sports it's 80's pickets)  It's ok, but have been looking for something to pull it out of the 80's without changing the 'cabin' style too much.  It needs a little work.....well....a lot of work, but it should be fun.  I LOVE the ReStore.  

Also, some glass insert kitchen cabinet doors....which also need a little work.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Oh how fun PC. :P

Yeah no GQ for him, unless there was a FQ (Farmer's Quarterly) then he and the farm would be on it every week, with all the farm publications that have taken their picture in the past couple of years.

I'm stock piling work cheques, I'm goofy, I've been losing extremely valuable things lately. I have to buy new stuff. I don't really care about the ipod or glasses, but the jacket, super nice jacket, good grief.

P.C.

Beeeee careful.  Stuff's expensive these days.

Maybe the Farmers Almanac will do a section on Farm Fashion.

Lil Me

I'm glad you're not my kid, SD.  I'd be killing you right about now.

Last thing I bought was some beer and cider at the LDB, and a tub of margerine at Safeway.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

haha.

Yeah, I know. I think it was the past month. I went 3wks before realizing my glasses were gone. But, I knew that was going to happen eventually, the glasses never were the right fit on my head (got a weird nose). So it was always on off on off on off. Well, sooner or later with my track record, I was going to lose them.

So, I'll just get a new pair that fits my head, looks normal, to the point I can wear them 24/7. Or get contacts. lol

Ipod was 4yrs old, it kept having strokes and heart attacks. It was near its end, and I was going to get a new one anyway.

The coat is the one I can't believe.

And I still want to get a decent camera by the time I go to San Francisco in June...

Sportsdude

Lil Me wrote:
I'm glad you're not my kid, SD.  I'd be killing you right about now.

You would have until about 10, then you'd of given up and realized "Its just SD" love me for what I am (a person who forgets and has really bad ADDHD moments, and like literally saying it after a thousand times he still forgets), and pray someday he'd stop forgetting. lol

hahaha

P.C.

You need a pair of those CSI glasses.  My neighbour has a pair....and hilarious as they are....for certain tasks they're awesome.  I think I may join the geek brigade and get a pair for the workshop.  I have to look for my glasses every time I put them down.

Sportsdude

CSI glasses?
*googles*

comes up with nothing.

P.C.

These be they.

[A href="http://www.whateverworks.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=K7560+CL" target=_blank][img alt="Clic Reader Glasses" src="http://www.s2999.com/images/clic_glasses.jpg" align=left][/A]

I saw these glasses a couple of weeks ago and filed them into the "too weird to work" category. Then... I watched an episode of CSI: NY and saw a character use them. The [A href="http://www.whateverworks.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=K7560+CL" target=_blank][FONT color=#3c61a4]Clic Reader Glasses[/FONT][/A] actually are a great idea, now that I think about it. They close in front, right between the eyes, with a magnet, and they have a built-in neck band to prevent them from falling. The best part: you slip them around your neck when you're not using them.

Sportsdude

I'll pass P.C., but that's for your concern about my social life's well being.  

Lil Me

A dress to wear to a wedding next month.  

|