What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

I probably have too many pots and pans then.  I have two full sets, plus some special pots that I bought separately.  I swear sometimes I still don't have exactly the right pan for a particular job.      
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

How many stamps are in a load again ?  

Orik

is a load of stamps the same thing as a packet of stamps.? I know that there's 10 stamps in a small packet for 5.71
and I think a roll of stamps is 100 or is it 1000 not sure now...

i bought dental services yesterday and for dinner after the freezing wore off I bought  from that little organic indian bakery place on commercial across the  street from the pizza garden. kitty corner to megabyte pizza what I purchased was 2 Pakora's they were nice but i found them a little sweet.

From what my friends had described I had expected more of a hot curry potato punch than the mild sweet yellow pepper flavour I was a little disappointed. I think I would of been better off buying a couple of the curry potato samosas which are packed with peas and onion which is better than the pakora in my opinion at any rate.

The pakora had nice texture crispy outside nice soft inside but so does a samosa and IMHO a samosa is 5 times more flavourful than the bland sweet pakora. Thea small corn black bean salad with red onion and diced cherry tomatoes ( it needed more tomatoes and less oil mix I think it would of been better had they used a Roma tomato. the corn is sweet enough with out using a cherry tomato)  

The chocolate bliss ball for desert, was rich and sweet...absolutely sheer bliss, just like its name suggests... But it is not worth the 2.50 they charge for the thing. for 2.50 I could of bought 4 hazelnut hedgehogs from Purdys for 3.00 just as an example in price comparison and every one knows Purdy's is decadence when it comes to chocolate... well this place is nice but over priced in my opinion... there are better places on Commercial drive to spend your money avoid this over priced place if you are on a budget.

And if any one else has suggestions for good eats on commercial similar to this place... fire them off I hope to find some more places to eat at... mind the pocket book I am on a seveer budget.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Gopher

Orik

21 tablets of Diladid
14 Capsules hydromporphon
120 tablets of ibuprofren
10 ml cortisone
total cost 63 dollars

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Sportsdude

My department's profs were getting rid of books. .25 to .50c a piece.
I bought 6 with a toonie.

Best... Purchase... Evar...

I am such a nerd.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

Some libraries also have great book sales too, SD.  All dirt cheap!!

Sportsdude

Yeah! Although I'm looking into really specifics and I went to the VPL's book sell and I'm not into romance novels. I was really impressed with VPL's online help system of talking to librarians online and they'd look up books for you. To see what they were capable of I gave them an obsecure topic that I knew wouldn't be in an American public library. But sure enough, they had a lot of books on "swedish politics from the post-war era" so I am a believer.

A student ArcGIS program so I figure out machines and learn how to control them so they don't control me.

P.C.

A beat up old chandelier.

purelife

hikers for MrPL from Costco  

Gopher

Bacon, oranges, ham and butter

Lil Me

Hamburger buns and tomatoes.

I've been looking for the Weekly World News, but they don't seem to sell it anymore :(
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

h&r block
safeway food
wine

Natasha

|