What did you last buy?

Started by Gopher, Apr 17 09 11:01

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Sportsdude

Trois Pistoles and St-Rémy, and then groceries this morning.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Last thing I bought was gas on the way home from harrison..    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Gopher

Apples (from Brazil), Oranges (from Spain) and Bananas (from Costa Rica).  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Looks like the 100 Mile Diet might not work for you Gophie.

Friday I saw some 24x24 inch exposed aggregate patio pavers at Home Depot in Nanaimo, but I had the car instead of the truck, so didn't get them.  So....yesterday, Sawdust was in Courtenay, so I asked him to pick some up.  He started out with eleven (they weigh more that 80 lbs. each).  When he got them home, I was disappointed to see, that the aggregate was totally different.

I went to Nanaimo today and picked up what they had left and ordered some more, with the stipulation, that they would be the same.  The guy says to me..."Well lady...stone is stone...it hasn't changed much over the last few years".  WELL I LOSE IT !  I SNAP!  I said...listen smart ass ....and proceeded to explain, that in fact the ones from Courtenay are not even CLOSE to the ones you have here.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

I'd never curse at a worker no matter what the situation, only in the car and it would be to Home Depot and not the employee. lol

P.C.

The man was rude and condescending...the man got the curse.  It was a bit out of character for me...yet milder than what I wanted to say.  

Russ

SD, I normally dont either get upset at employees as they are only doing their job.. but like PC says, some of them are turkeys as they are tired of dealing with people at certain times of the day or month. Its human nature.. its also human nature to snap back at them, usually using logic, common sence, and facts dazzles them.

I last bought bottomless pop at Riverport last night.. proceeded to sit down as we managed to time it perfectly to miss half the crappy previews.. Put it to the left of my left foot as I dropped into the chair, and lovely miss starfishie as she was sitting down pushed out with her feet to clear around her chair. We argued for a bit as to whom was going back to fill it up as the movie was just starting.

P.C.

Sounds like you had a bottomless and a topless pop. lol

Getting upset at employees that are only doing their job is off limits....(regardless if they are doing it poorly....poor training is usually the source)  But rudeness is not in the job description.  Rolling his eyes at 'my stupidity' paired with his condescending remark was uncalled for.  

Then when I got home, I called Sawdust and told him we were going to have to return the 2 tons of pavers he got in Courtenay, I heard him roll his eyes too.

When he got home, he liked the Nanaimo stones much better too.  (phew !)  [/DIV]

Lil Me

LOL.  I'd curse if you asked me to return 2 tonnes of paving stones!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

you're aware that you can return purchases at any Home Depot and not necessary at the same store of the purchase...right?

Sportsdude

bought a lot 'ladykiller' clothes for um looking nice, moved out of peasantry, might lose my 'radical leftist' (whateverz) label on campus. shucks.

P.C.

I insisted I do it, but Mr Sawdust did the deed today.   At least he likes the Nanaimo ones much better too.  As a matter of fact, there was someone there today when he was returning them, doing the same thing....and the gal that works there said she thought they were kind of yucky.

Yes 49er.....it's definitely a good thing to be able to return anywhere.  It was more a matter of convenience for hub to return them where he got them, as he is there every day.

Anyways....got the first 3 down today.  It took me the WHOLE day. (well, plus I had to build a couple planters on each side of the steps to the shop, cuz it looked purdy.)  I always find that one job always leads to 4 or 5 others along the way.  

Russ

You got three stones down in a day.. with all the other little jobs? lol. Always seems to be the way of how it works hey? Every time I go to use something, I see something wrong and start fixing that.. then see something else.. by the time I do what I started out to do its like an hour or so later. I get comments then.. it took you all day to accomplish only THAT?

The last thing I have now bought is a wiring loom for a set of offroad lights. Dont know why I bought it.. but I did.

Going to get some stuff I need for packing to go away soon.

P.C.

Yup.  3 stones.  But hey....that's 12 square feet.

The thing is....I'm a little impatient when it comes to foundation work.  It's all the digging and leveling that was cramping my style.

What is a wire loom ?  Are you going to make some metal undies ?

Michel

|