Canada Post

Started by P.C., Apr 03 09 04:43

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

What the !!!!!!   Just came back from the post office....where I mailed two parcels.  One was a teeny weeny package (a necklace) and the other somewhat larger, but not what I call large.  (a few books and some Easter goodies)  

She weighed the teeny weeny parcel.....$9.63 to mail this.  I asked her if she was mental and she said 'No, but she wonders about Canada Post'.  Well now I'm worried what the big parcel is going to cost.....it was $9.00.  What the hellllllllllll !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

Nope.  I asked for her to start at the bottom rate, as there was no rush, so time wasn't an issue.

Her explanation made no sense.  She said that for the little package, it was expensive because it was priced 'per cube'...whatever the hell that means.  But then when I asked why the bigger package cost almost the same, she said, because it was measured by weight.  So then I said...then I would like the small package to be mailed the same way. Again....whatever the hell that means.

THEN she said....as she was explaining the printout of the bill.....(and this is what she said)  Hmm...it seems the large package was priced 'per cube' as well.  So...then you know what I said......

Does this make ANY sense at ALL ?

Michel

P.C.

Well, that's what Sawdust said.  It's hard to call them on stuff like this, when you have no base knowledge about it..... what you're being charged, and why.

I forgot to add....that this price was without insurance....which I usually get.  I don't mail stuff regularly enough to know.  I hate being in that position.

Michel

P.C.

Small town post office.  Two employees.  (oh ya...I forgot to mention I had to stand in line for 30 minutes to pay 20 bucks to mail 2 small parcels )  

Michel

P.C.

It was really hard to get into a 'discussion' about it....long line up....plus, the lady was really pleasant....and I didn't take her for being any kind of dummy.  She's been there for YEARS.

There's just something wrong with this scenario.

Lil Me

LOL.  Canada Post sucks.
And the small town post offices are a pain in the @$$.
I have a local post office with two employees (in the neighbourhood drug store) and both people there are GROUCHY as heck, but they seem to know what they are doing.  They get seasonal help at Xmas, and those people (staff from the drug store) have no clue what they are doing.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

It's all due to the rising cost of fuel. Shipping from one place to another cost way more than it used to say for the same item you pay last year.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

P.C.

That's crazy.  C R A Z Y .

Michel