Goats for City Hall.. hahahaha

Started by Russ, Apr 01 09 06:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
 last week, I was walking at the same pace in the same direction as 2 raccoons. It was a weird moment.

The other weird one was me yelling at the seguls saying "you're going to kill yourself! stop it" (they were eating paper cupcake wrappers and going after a plastic bag. I took the bag from them, emptied out the cookie crumbs and threw away the plastic zipwrap.  Seagulls are just children really, they stood there, watched me, and then went back to the food that I emptied out.

somedays... I think I'm losing it.

I find I never usually have problems with racoons. They always think with their stomach and as long as you leave them alone, they will leave you alone.

Good for you on seagulls.. The lore is they are the souls of dead sailors..

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

I love seagulls, they never get old for me. I feel like I'm on vacation 24/7 when they're around as I've always associated them growing up with vacations.

Russ you mean the Albatross right? They're the birds that fly with ships out at sea the most forever and if you see one, land must be around, if I remember well.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
I love seagulls, they never get old for me. I feel like I'm on vacation 24/7 when they're around as I've always associated them growing up with vacations.

Russ you mean the Albatross right? They're the birds that fly with ships out at sea the most forever and if you see one, land must be around, if I remember well.

You are talking about the 'Rime of the Ancient Mariner'. And Albatrosses are considered lucky and not to be messed with.

But I did mean seagulls..

Sportsdude

oh okay, I didn't know that about seagulls. cool!

Yeah I like my seagulls, bald eagles, and the silly pigeons of UBC.
Renegade squirrels though, they're still in hibernation I think, they haven't physically run into me lately. I know I'm tall, but I'm not a tree.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Russ

Michel wrote:
I forbid you to laugh about my pathetic attempts to have a sex life on DS. Oh wait you meant those cougars... [img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif[/img]

Closest cougar presence proof were in UBC forested grounds north of Maple Ridge last March where I saw a warning sign 1 km before the sighting spot was. Other footprints (plus scat in WY) sighting were in the Cayoosh range (pics of footprint over a mountain bike track were posted at the time) and Wyoming. I posted also a pic of a footprint in the snow beside a 30.06 cartridge for scale taken by a friend in Williams Lake last Fall (not too sure about caliber and location). He actually shot a deer that was running away from a cougar.

Good morning Michel!

LOL! Um, I think we are talking about different cougars. I thought you were talking about stalking one not far from your house for a picture at a park or something a few months ago..

Now thats unsporting of your friend... the poor cougar was getting his premeal workout! Think of all the deer steaks and sausages he was about to have!

Michel

P.C.

That poor deer.  It really wasn't his day at all.  

[img style="WIDTH: 299px; HEIGHT: 269px" height=261 src="http://farm1.static.flickr.com/110/298864264_99d3c053d2.jpg" width=292]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.