Vintage Cars

Started by P.C., Mar 22 09 04:57

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Ok.  I suspect these may likely be classified as antiques...but I digress.

Is there anyone out there, that can identify the year of old vehicles from only viewing them in a photograph ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I know a few people who might be able to.  What era are these cars from?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Orik

I am useless on this subject, but would like to see you post the pictures nonetheless.

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

I know a few people who might be able to.  What era are these cars from?

I'm so useless at this, that I'm not even sure of that.....although one of the images appears to have '37 on the license plate....but I can't be sure.  But the rest of them....I have no idea.  These images are pretty bad.  I'd love to know some of them, as it would help in piecing together part of the puzzle.  

I would be most appreciative of any assistance in this.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Ok.  I suspect these may likely be classified as antiques...but I digress.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] Is there anyone out there, that can identify the year of old vehicles from only viewing them in a photograph ?

Depending on the vintage and the country of origin ...  I'd be happy to try to identify them ... no promises.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

They're cars that were my grandparents....I'm assuming.  I'll run them through imageshack.

Thanks vg.  

P.C.

I PM'd you a couple to peruse at your leisure,  van guy.

* also noticed that I haven't scanned the rest of them yet....so I will do the others tomorrow. (there are only a few)  

Russ

Dammit, I thought this was something to do with pictures and talking about cars people have or love.

Send some my way. I will look with my brother, and I will pass them to my dad.. whom seems to be very good at this.

To get this thread back on topic.. I have a 66 Plymouth VIP.. which looks the same as a Plymouth Fury III.

Here is a two door Fury

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

Those are N I C E !

I know the topic was a little misleading...but I needed help.  The cars that I want identified are much much older than those.

van guy had the first one nailed.

I am scanning some more today.  

van_guy

Russ wrote:
Dammit, I thought this was something to do with pictures and talking about cars people have or love.

Send some my way. I will look with my brother, and I will pass them to my dad.. whom seems to be very good at this.

To get this thread back on topic.. I have a 66 Plymouth VIP.. which looks the same as a Plymouth Fury III.

Heres a Grey 66 VIP (only its four door and mines two door)

Here is a two door Fury

Russ, PC PM'd me and i was able to figure it out pretty quickly.  I had the make and rough year down in a few seconds just a matter of doing some google image searches to tighten it up a bit.

My best friend in high school had a Fury III - it was an enormous automobile.  It was a two door as well, I'm thinking it was 66 but it looked bigger than the ones in your picture ... maybe i was just smaller then ?!?!

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Russ

van_guy wrote:
 Russ wrote:

Heres a Grey 66 VIP (only its four door and mines two door)

Here is a two door Fury

Russ, PC PM'd me and i was able to figure it out pretty quickly.  I had the make and rough year down in a few seconds just a matter of doing some google image searches to tighten it up a bit.

My best friend in high school had a Fury III - it was an enormous automobile.  It was a two door as well, I'm thinking it was 66 but it looked bigger than the ones in your picture ... maybe i was just smaller then ?!?!

Congrats on the ID! Sometimes its so hard to do with only a photograph not showing some of the features particular to that model year.

Yeah, they are an enormous vehicle, mines been off the road for years, as I have to do some touchups and rebuilding of the tranny and engine. They sat for so long that all the seals have gone hard. The engine still runs, and runs good amazingly enough, even with the carb having sat with the gas varnishing up. Its not a 440 in there which I would have liked, its only a 318. Still really good condition for a 66.. It was bought brand new by my grandfather.
I agree the photographs are misleading.. its STILL big, lol.

Ive been looking for an actual muscle car. Browsing all the adds and craigslists for a barracuda or a challenger. I dont really want a dart or a charger, they are really overdone.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

This is one of the pathetic pics van guy had to go on.

[A href="http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3902/55972583.jpg" target=_blank][img id=vImage style="WIDTH: 452px; HEIGHT: 298px" height=409 src="http://triton.imageshack.us/Himg441/scaled.php?server=441&filename=55972583.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=480" width=578][/A]  

Michel

P.C.

lol.  van guy says it's a 1929.  That pic was from a stack of negatives retrieved from the bottom of a box of photos from my mom and dads house, that seemed to have almost no image on them at all, when held up to a light.  I was going to just throw them out, but decided to play with them a bit.

It's been kinda fun pulling an image from these, because nobody in my family has ever seen them.  I'm sure my sisters will love to see them in spite of their bad quality.