Chris Brown on Nickelodeon

Started by P.C., Mar 10 09 07:43

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

The 22nd Annual Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards ceremony is set to take place in Los Angeles on March 28.  

Despite an onslaught of criticism, the tween-friendly cable network says it has no plans to remove the embattled R&B singer as a contender for the 2009 Kids' Choice Awards....

[A href="http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b103649_despite_outcry_chris_brown_still.html"]http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b103649_despite_outcry_chris_brown_still.html[/A]

Bad idea or OK ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise

Definitely a bad idea. He's not exactly someone I want my kids to see and Nickelodean should know better. Get Michael Jackson instead. Haha.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

[P _extended="true"]While Nickelodeon declined to comment specifically on the petition, an unnamed Viacom executive was quoted in the [A href="http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/zwecker/1468179,CST-FTR-zp10.article" target=_blank _extended="true"]Chicago Sun-Times[/A] saying he's "never seen anything like it."

[P _extended="true"]"The words I'd use to describe the situation [i.e., the flood of angry phone calls and emails] are overwhelming and swamped," the official told the newspaper, noting the complaints have even reached the ear of Viacom honcho Sumner Redstone.

[P _extended="true"]I think you're not alone with those thoughts Lise.

Sportsdude

well apparently they're back together and getting married, according news from the grocery store stand.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Yes...apparently.  I'm thinking she should be setting down some serious conditions first.  Like counselling, anger management....maybe even a year or two on the shrinks couch.  This is something other than bad behaviour...he obviously has problems to work out before he thinks about marriage.  Isn't he only like 19 ?

Sportsdude

Yeah she's only 19.

I'd runaway and never go back, but then again that's the normal approach. Robin Givens isn't with Mike Tyson last time I checked.

P.C.

He's 19, and she's 21 I think.

P.C.

Just saw on Larry King, that there is suspicion that they have already secretly married.  I guess that would eliminate her from testifying ?

Sportsdude

I guess, to be honest I've got more important things to worry about. lol  

P.C.

Well....I'm not one to follow celebrity drivel....but this one I think, is important in how they handle it IMO.  We've got two 'idols' of young teens....both sending really bad messages.

Sportsdude

True, but you'd be surprised how these kids actions are the rule these days and not the exception.  

P.C.

Not surprised at all.  4 women a day die in the US as a result of domestic violence.

Sportsdude

Its become accepted in the younger crowd again. People let it slide because the sense of communal identity is gone. Nobody knows their neighbours or talks to you on the street etc.  You just stare at the person in the elevator going 'hmm I wonder where he/she lives' then they get off at the same floor then you and go to the next door next to yours and you never talk or know each other even though the name is on the door.  Anyone who lives off campus or has a permenant apartment, doesn't know or talk to their neighbours.

anyway masogany is back, the WWE generation, Stone Cold Steve Austin he beat up his wife, but fought the man, loved by all fighting the good fight  Austin 3:16...

Women out number men here by a large margine at post-secondary education. The males are dead beats yet the women are still submissive. I don't get it.

P.C.

Oh dear.  So much I don't understand.  What is masogany.  What is WWE generation and who is Stone Cold Steve Austin.

Sportsdude

lol. I misspelled misogyny. haha

'Stone Cold' Steve Austin was/is/still is probably the most famous professional wrestler hero out of that 'show'.  He was the alpha-male type who everyone wanted to be, the ultimate bad ass, he would go up against the 'evil' forces of world wrestling, but at the same time he was the most violent, pushed around women, slapped women etc.

His fans would raise 3:16 signs (and t-shirts too). You know John 3:16 from the Bible, well replace Jesus with Steve Austin and that's what his character was/is to professional wrestling. When sociologists study professional wrestling and its affects on people, the study starts and ends with Austin's character.

[a href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Cold_Steve_Austin"]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Cold_Steve_Austin[/a]