What Phone Service ?

Started by P.C., Mar 05 09 03:33

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

What phone service is everybody using ?  Shaw or Telus.

We are with Telus, but just received an offer to switch to Shaw, which is substantially lower than what we are getting with Telus.  So I called Telus, and they have offered to 'waive' some of the charges that I wasn't happy with. ($4.95 long distance administration fee and $8.95 for call display).

They said they would do this as I have been a 'loyal' Telus user for many years. (ya)

My question is, if they had this 'package bundle' available...why wouldn't it have just been offered to such a 'loyal Telus user' ?  It is offered to NEW Telus users, but the 'loyal' ones get to keep the old higher rates ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

JJ

I just bundled my telus services recently and now I have more service for the same amount. I was just too lazy up to ths point to phone and ask about new services and I have a strict "Do Not Call" notice on my account so it was my own fault.

P.C.

I didn't do anything, except ask if I was getting the best price they had.  I have my cable and internet with Shaw.  So I'm not really getting any 'bundle' from them....yet they were still able to knock those fees off.

I don't understand these things.

Michel

P.C.

TV IS expensive.  I wish they would come out with come kind of 'Select-A-Bundle'.

Michel

P.C.

We have more than basic cable....but to get the channels we'd like....we have to take a whole lot of crap we don't want.  And unfortunately....the few channels that we want, are separated into two different bundles.  So we're paying for a whole lot more than we want.  What we need, is a competitor.  Negotiating with Telus would have been fruitless, if there were no alternatives.

Michel

Lise

[img height=56 src="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/richedit/smileys/Shocked/1.gif" width=58 border=0]P.C. wrote:  Oh Crap !  Lise....I've just done it again.  I hit modify instead of reply and posted right over top of your post.  And once it's gone, I can't retrieve it.  My sincerest apologies Lise....I'm so sorry.  Apparently I need another coffee.

P.C. Post:  I was a little concerned with getting phone service from Shaw.  Their track record in delivering the HD channels has not been very good in our area...so trusting them with phone service doesn't appeal to me.

Telus has the WORST system ever in getting to actually talk to a person.  They should brush up on the definition of 'communication'.    
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lise @ Work

LOL. No problemo, Ms. PC.

I can't remember exactly what I wrote around 5.45am but it was something like this.....

TELUS SUCKS. PERIOD.    TELUS SUCKS. PERIOD.   TELUS SUCKS. PERIOD.[/DIV][/DIV]

P.C.

LOL.....That was basically the gist of your post Lise.

I don't know why I do that.  I've done it to Michel a couple times....and have since tried to be extra careful.  Too early I guess.  (plus I'm all excited about my massage today....which I better get ready for pretty quickly)    

Michel

P.C.

Michel