Dziekanski Trial

Started by P.C., Mar 04 09 06:27

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I've tried to not get wrapped up in this, but it seems to be becoming more infuriating each day.

I don't understand how the RCMP think these 4 men are worth protecting, at the expense of a huge loss of respect, faith, and trust,  from a HUGE percentage of the population.  I just want to them stand up and say....YES, this situation was mishandled.

Then, the four men can sue the RCMP for wrongful dismissal if they feel they have a case.  That way, the RCMP maintains their integrity, and the four officers will still get their day in court.  As it stands now, not only are many people appalled by the stories that fly in the face of video evidence, now there is talk of the Polish government suing the RCMP.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

JJ

I've been trying to avoid it too but it's hard to miss sometimes.  The good news I heard on the news today is they can still lay charges against them if they come up with enough evidence.

Lise

I just hope there's closure for Dziekanski's mother when this blows over.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

I guess what I'm finding frustrating, is the testimony that defies what we all can see.  I understand that eyewitness testimony is often very unreliable.  But to have the video and still concoct a story.....well....I just don't understand.

Michel

P.C.

[FONT size=2]Don't be naive, it will never happen . The police is the monopoly of violence on a territory. The ruling class need it to oppress the people, so no, they will never condemn any criminal that's wearing a uniform and is one of their servant. These people are called police in our society. And in these times of Depression, they will need their repressive force more than ever.Cops, judges, lawyers on the side of the ruling class are never condemned for all their criminal activities. [/FONT]

I think they're playing it all wrong.  They would gather more support and respect, from admitting their errors or flaws....especially on this one....where we are all seeing in front of our very eyes.  I'm more likely than not to give them the benefit of the doubt....and always have been.  But this one is just so wrong.

I like being naive.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c025.gif[/img]  There's so much I don't have to face this way.

Michel

P.C.

Yipes.  That's a little brutal !  Did he pull her up by her hair ????

Not until half way through the clip, does it show that she starts it off by kicking or throwing something at them. Not that it warrants that kind of force...I'm just sayin.    

Michel

Lise

Oh ja... I watched it on the BBC yesterday. That was pretty brutal even to a human being. She's only 15 for goodness sake. These policemen should show some restraint, she's just a child afterall.  
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

That story of the bunch that stood by while that gal hung herself needs to be put to task as well.  They were there because she was on suicide watch....and did nothing.

Michel

P.C.

I don't care how old she is....there was no need for that kind of brutality period.

Sportsdude

That cop has a history of abuse, why do power hungry personality types end up in the police force?

"This is not the first time the deputy's actions on duty have been questioned.[/p] Schene fatally shot a mentally ill man in 2006 after a traffic stop struggle on Interstate 5. It was the second shooting of his career, although both were ruled as justified.[/p] While on paid leave after the 2006 shooting, Schene was stopped for drunken driving. He registered a .04 percent blood alcohol level during a test, but had been drinking and taking prescription medications. He was suspended for two days and a received a deferred sentence, public records say."[/p]
[/p][a href="http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/402005_schene03.html?source=rss"]http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/402005_schene03.html?source=rss[/a]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Still...... let's see it on the other side. If you were a cop facing these types of things day in, day out, you'd be stressed out too. We don't know what it's like to be facing criminals everyday. You'd need to have thick skin and possessed some type of mentality to be dealing with them.

Having said all that tho, it still doesn't make it right. The public looks up to you to be their protector not prosecutor.
Bill Cosby.