Dziekanski Trial

Started by P.C., Mar 04 09 06:27

Previous topic - Next topic

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] I thought of you actually, while I was posting this.  How do you manage ?

lastly I always have a crisp $ US 100 bill on me.  in many countries $100 buys a lot of friendship. I've only needed to use that a time or two ...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

Ahh yes.  Money talks.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Ahh yes.  Money talks.   [/div]
many dialects many languages ...

P.C.

So you manage without a single word.  That's amazing.

I would work on learning the word NO.  It sounds like it could be dangerous to not know it.

Michel

P.C.

Well at least learn how to say...I need help please.  

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]So you manage without a single word.  That's amazing.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] I would work on learning the word NO.  It sounds like it could be dangerous to not know it.

I've been to countries - and wasn't sure what language they spoke.

Michel

Michel

van_guy

Michel wrote:
Ah the yes means no and no means yes is present in China too? I saw that in Yougoslavia. Which area of China? I'll probably be there pretty soon and I just don't have the time nor patience even to learn basic mandarin before.  

southern - near hong kong.
the story i tell people is when i was working near shanghai. my translator grew up say 500km away and my driver was from a city 100km away.  The local dialect was such that my driver understood 50% and my driver 75% (100km from home) so someone like me who has a HUGE accent and understands very little - when spoken slowly - clearly - will understand ohhhhh 0.0000000001% of what they are saying.

Michel

van_guy

Michel wrote:
dui and bu dui (correct and not correct) are the most resembling expression in mandarin for yes and no since they do not exist in that language. wouhou ! p 33 of my secret weapon.

Shit, I learned something, how I hate myself. [img style="font-style: italic;" src="/forums/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif[/img]  

bu dui bijou - no to bijou - hard liquor - it is DISGUSTING - i mean worse than fermented distilled camels milk DISGUSTING.

dui pijou - the beer is pretty good.  I even had a green beer - made out of some kind of veggie.

|