Dziekanski Trial

Started by P.C., Mar 04 09 06:27

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

The part that I don't understand is this......

Schene, 31, pleaded not guilty last week to misdemeanor assault and remains on paid administrative leave.

Not guilty ?  How...or why is court time wasted.  Video evidence such as this should make a trial redundant.    
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

P.C. wrote:
The part that I don't understand is this......

[em]Schene, 31, pleaded not guilty last week to misdemeanor assault and remains on paid administrative leave.[/em]

Not guilty ?  How...or why is court time wasted.  Video evidence such as this should make a trial redundant.

He can plead whatever he wants, his case will be 'the vicious girl who is a plague on society attacked me and called me a pig, it was in self defence.'

that's usually how these things go.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Details details.

I maintain that it is a waste of time and tax payers money to decide if someone is guilty when it is blatantly obvious.  A four year old could sort it out.  If that makes me a dictator....so be it.

Then we have the guy who beheaded a person, in front of a whack of onlookers....and HE has pled not guilty.  WTF ?  And there's a strong possiblity he may walk away with no criminal record, and spend no minimum or maximum time in a hospital.  

P.C.

Hey....where did your post go ?  I had nothing to do with this one !!!!!

Michel

P.C.

[img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/e058.gif" border=0]      

*that was in response to the part of SD's post that he removed.                                                                                                               .

[FONT size=1][/FONT]  

Michel

Sportsdude

lol

I removed the 'well its called the 5th amendment one of the leading causes of the revolution and if you wanted remove that and the 4th away and turn it into a police state, where cops like this guy beating up on 15 year olds are the 'sane' ones. I wouldn't mind another revolution, it would be good for the young people..' lol

I re-read your post for the 4th time and realized I'd be switching subjects. lol

Michel

van_guy

Back to the RCMP trial -

I am sooooo pissed at this whole incident.  

1) This takes place at an international airport - there are paid translators tens of seconds down the hall who could have been called in and diffused the whole thing in seconds.... instead some testosterone laden a$$hole of a cop takes out a tazer and lets this guy have it 4 or 5 times.  

2) the cops speak english to him - when he doesn't understand they speak english to him louder ... what a moron.

3) There were 4 cops - if he felt threatened he felt he needed to use a weapon this cop needs to get a dose of reality 4 armed men against 1 unarmed man.

4) the cop lied about many aspects that were shown not to occur on the video.

If the mother doesn't file wrongful death suit I'll do it for her ...

Power tripping peckerwoods - (Did I type that outloud??)

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

lol peckerwoods haven't heard that phrase in months. (although we say peckerheads)

P.C.

I have to agree with each item Van Guy.  

But I'm still troubled by two things.  Why someone would come to a foreign country, knowing they don't speak a word of the language...with what was apparently a very sketchy plan is beyond me.  And secondly...why on earth would anyone leave without the person they came for.  I know for certain, that if I was there to pick up my loved one....there is no way I would be leaving without them...I don't care if I would have had to sleep there.  It's not even like she left to a hotel close by.....she went all the way back to Kamloops.  This has puzzled me from the get-go.

Having said all that....it has absolutely NO bearing on how he was treated.

I think too, that those cops came onto the scene with the preconceived notion that they were going to be dealing with a drunk.  (again....no excuse)   The employee that called security had no business making that assessment.

van_guy

I have to agree with each item Van Guy.

thanks PC

But I'm still troubled by two things.  Why someone would come to a foreign country, knowing they don't speak a word of the language...with what was apparently a very sketchy plan is beyond me.  

I do both all the time.  I work in a different country every few months ... with linguistic completely foreign to me - am i going to learn mandarin for a one month stint.  Then learn a different dialect when i go back to a different part of china - then learn mongolian then vietnamese and japanese because i may overnight in tokyo and then learn some hong kong dialect so that i can speak to the custosm guy there when i lay over . ...

Sketchy plans - i am going to wander around the jungle / desert and look for a speck of gold hmmmmm.

And secondly...why on earth would anyone leave without the person they came for.  I know for certain, that if I was there to pick up my loved one....there is no way I would be leaving without them...I don't care if I would have had to sleep there.  It's not even like she left to a hotel close by.....she went all the way back to Kamloops.  This has puzzled me from the get-go.

That is a little weird to be sure - but not the fault of our poor traveler ...

[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"]Having said all that....it has absolutely NO bearing on how he was treated.

Exactly -

I think too, that those cops came onto the scene with the preconceived notion that they were going to be dealing with a drunk.  (again....no excuse)   The employee that called security had no business making that assessment.

That's the problem the cops go in expecting trouble - they don't see a guy who is jet lagged - confused - scared - they see a fight about to erupt ... yes he was agitated ... yes he was behaving irrationally - but I guess what i find scary is that the cops went in there and pulled a weapon on a guy LONG before they tried to talk to him in his own language - if this occured in the back woods of saskatchewan without translators for 1,000 miles I could cut the cop a little more slack - but this is YVR - 1/2 the freakin' UN is represented there.  I'm certain they could have found someone who spoke russian who could have figured out he was speaking polish - calmed him down a bit - and got a polish speaking translator there inside 60 seconds and saved this guy's life.  Peckerheads

P.C.

I thought of you actually, while I was posting this.  How do you manage ?

van_guy

I thought of you actually, while I was posting this.  How do you manage ?

1) I kick a$$ at charades - once i explained to a mongolian back hoe operator to dig a trench put the upper 50 cm of soil on one side and the lower 1.5m on the other side all using sign language.

2) english is spoken widely in many airports

3) many have binders with english questions  - "are you carrying any guns" etc... to which you nod  (careful though there are places in china where a side to side means yes and and up and down nod mean no.  It's confusing.  

4) Lastly I often carry a cell phone with numbers for translators in case anything really bad happens.

5) I am a seasoned traveler - I know how to keep my cool - especially if the other guy has a gun.

|