Pink Dolphin appears in Louisiana lake

Started by Sportsdude, Mar 03 09 12:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

[a href="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4927224/Pink-dolphin-appears-in-US-lake.html"]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/4927224/Pink-dolphin-appears-in-US-lake.html[/a]

[span class="caption"]Pinky the rare albino dolphin has been spotted in Lake Calcasieu in Louisiana

Spotted by Capt. Rue.
[/span]

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

omg, he's beautiful.  What a lucky person to have seen this lovely creature.  

I'm going to lake Louisiana !
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lise @ Work

I would have liked to see Michel swimming instead of the pinky.

Sportsdude

lol
beer goggles sound like a good out right now.

The albino dolphin looks like plastic, it is amazing that they've survived this long.

van_guy

I have to say i was pretty skeptical about "pinky" but Snopes says its real ...\

http://www.snopes.com/photos/animals/pinkdolphin.asp

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

The Telegraph is the highest selling broadsheet with a reputation for quality as being the 'conservative paper of record' in the UK, its not a tabloid so I don't see them posting a fake story. They're not the Sun. lol  

P.C.

There are dolphins that are pink because they're albinos....but there is also a species of pink dolphins.

[FONT face=Times]'The Pink Dolphin looks almost like the gray dolphin, but they have differences.  Instead of having a dorsal fin like the gray dolphin, it has a hump on its back. The Pink Dolphin's tail is bigger and it has 2 flippers that look like big leaves. The Pink Dolphin's neck is kind of long and his head has a little hump in the forehead. His beak is long and has tiny hairs on top. This animal has tiny eyes. The Pink Dolphin can turn its head 180 degrees, all the way around since it has an unfused vertebrae. It weighs approximately 90 kilograms. The Pink Dolphin got its amazing pink color from the kind of water it lives in, and the kind of food it eats.'[/FONT]

[FONT face=Times][/FONT]

[FONT face=Times]I want one. [/FONT]      

van_guy

Sportsdude wrote:
The Telegraph is the highest selling broadsheet with a reputation for quality as being the 'conservative paper of record' in the UK, its not a tabloid so I don't see them posting a fake story. They're not the Sun. lol  

Agreed, but it looks and sounds pretty un-natural.  It looks like something that could be photoshopped pretty easily ...

van_guy

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]There are dolphins that are pink because they're albinos....but there is also a species of pink dolphins.[/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"][font face="Times"]'The Pink Dolphin looks almost like the gray dolphin, but they have differences.  Instead of having a dorsal fin like the gray dolphin, it has a hump on its back. The Pink Dolphin's tale is bigger and it has 2 flippers that look like big leaves. The Pink Dolphin's neck is kind of long and his head has a little hump in the forehead. His beak is long and has tiny hairs on top. This animal has tiny eyes. The Pink Dolphin can turn its head 180 degrees, all the way around since it has an unfused vertebrae. It weighs approximately 90 kilograms. The Pink Dolphin got its amazing pink color from the kind of water it lives in, and the kind of food it eats.'[/font][/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"][font face="Times"][/font] [/div] [div style="font-style: italic;"][font face="Times"]I want one. [/font][/div]  
Just one ???

Sportsdude

PC, albino catfish are cheaper. lol

When my cousins refilled their lake they bough a bunch of baby catfish to repopulate it, there was one or two albino in the thousand or released. We don't think they survived unfortunately.

P.C.

Awww....look at his little smile.

I had an albino catfish in my aquarium.  

I still want a pink dolphin.

Sportsdude

and I want a house deep in a forest overlooking the ocean on a cliff that has a wooden staircase that leads down to a beach. lol  

P.C.

Me too.....with a pink dolphin frolicking in the surf.