Hello From Angola

Started by Russs, Feb 27 09 01:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Russs

Hello! Just dropping in to say hi. First chance Ive had since I left home, this area we are in is crap. Avoid Angola like the plague. If you get a chance dont come.
Hope everyones ok. Should be home in another three weeks or so.

Sportsdude

*writes down to not go near Angola*

Heyy Russ! :))

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

[FONT size=4]Russssss !! [/FONT] [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a194.gif" border=0]We miss you.

Pics ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Lil Me

Russmeister!  Hey dude.
 Good to hear from you.
 Hang in there.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Gopher

Glad you've touched base again. Just what is the worst thing about Angola?  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

purelife

Heya RUSS!!!  I'm glad you got the chance to post here.  Just a few more weeks and you'll be outta there.  :)

Lise

Russter! Missing ya!! Safe journey home, bro.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Yoo Hoo!  RUSS!  I guess you'll be back in a week or so?  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

van_guy

Avoid Angola like the plague. If you get a chance dont come.

I met a couple from Angola a few weeks ago in a restaurant in Hanoi ... as soon as they said we are from Angola I thought - "that is a bad place" ... and it's not the rap regarding the blood diamonds and  ... I just have an overall impression that it is bad.  but thanks for the tip ... I think I will avoid it.  

I was poking around looking for another gig and there was an opening in Mauritan, LM thought it was Mauritius simialr spelling but ...

Mauritan - islamic republic with hideous human rights - regular coups - abject poverty - etc etc...
Mauritius - island paradise - 24/7 universal wireless internet (the entire country !!!) etc ...  

She was ready to move until ...

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

Sportsdude

van_guy wrote:
Avoid Angola like the plague. If you get a chance dont come.

I met a couple from Angola a few weeks ago in a restaurant in Hanoi ... as soon as they said we are from Angola I thought - "that is a bad place" ... and it's not the rap regarding the blood diamonds and  ... I just have an overall impression that it is bad.  but thanks for the tip ... I think I will avoid it.  

I was poking around looking for another gig and there was an opening in Mauritan, LM thought it was Mauritius simialr spelling but ...

Mauritan - islamic republic with hideous human rights - regular coups - abject poverty - etc etc...
Mauritius - island paradise - 24/7 universal wireless internet (the entire country !!!) etc ...  

She was ready to move until ...

-------------------------

Mauritan is what you call people from Mauritius the tropical paradise place off of Madagascar. I think you were trying to say Mauritania (but forgot the 'ia') which is the desert hell hole in the Sahara. What a difference a couple of words make if you were trying to do a plane flight or something.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

van_guy

Mauritan is what you call people from Mauritius the tropical paradise place off of Madagascar. I think you were trying to say Mauritania (but forgot the 'ia') which is the desert hell hole in the Sahara. What a difference a couple of words make if you were trying to do a plane flight or something.

quite right ... a couple of letters big difference ...

Russ

Hello All.. finally off vessel awaiting on flights out. Talk about a lack of organization. I wouldnt even use teh word organization in the sentence, lol.

I have not had a beer in over two months. That will be remedied very soon I promise you.

Thanks for all the well wishes.. hope to see you all soon. I will talk more later, when I gets more time.

As for Mauritania.. you are right. I been there too. That place is a dustball, you get sand in places you dont know. And talk about bugs.. certain times of year theres huge insect infestations.

Russ
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

Heya.  Hurry back, Russ!  I'm sure Miss Starfish misses you.  And vice versa.  

van_guy

I have not had a beer in over two months. That will be remedied very soon I promise you.

Yikes - 2 months.  An IV may be in order to get it into your system a bit quicker.

As for Mauritania.. you are right. I been there too. That place is a dustball, you get sand in places you dont know. And talk about bugs.. certain times of year theres huge insect infestations.

Yes when I read the CIA blurb on it - it immediately hit me that this was one of teh top ten places on the planet i didn't want to go, but thanks for the affirmation.

VG