Massages and Manicures etc

Started by P.C., Feb 23 09 08:33

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Now, this probably belongs in the 'I have nothing interesting to say' thread, but what the heck.

Hubby has booked me a massage.  This is uninteresting at its best.....but I have never had a massage.  

Tell me your experiences please.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

Lucky you!

The only professional massuese I've had was from work.  Our company hired the on-the-go masseuse where they bring the chair and staff get a 20 min massage.  I wish it was longer.  

Let the masseuse know how much pressure you want him/her to apply to you.  If you don't let them know, you could walk away with a VERY sore back.

P.C.

OK thanks purelife.  Will do.

Strangely enough, I'm kinda nervous...yet I have no idea why.  

purelife

I hear you, P.C.  I was very nervous to let someone else (other than MrPL) touch me like that.  I was nervous about walking away with more pain than I had.  It's hard for me to trust someone who doesn't know my body, massage me the way the Professionals do.  That's probably why I don't go to a massause for a complete massage.

P.C.

Complete ?   Um...what does this involve ?

Michel

P.C.

I may want a complete massage. [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c032.gif" border=0]

Lil Me

I'm a massage fan!  Massages are great.  The imporant thing is to communicate with your masseuse.  You're the client, so if you're ever not comfortable (too hot, too cold, feeling weirded out) tell them so they can adjust things.  Are you going to a spa, or seeing an RMT?  Either way, you will be covered with a sheet.  Whether or not you leave your undergarments on is your preference.

Not a manicure fan, as my hands get bashed up with physical labour.  I did have French manicured acryllic nails a few years ago, but gave those up because they would break as I laced up my hockey skates.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

It's not a spa....I guess it's an RMT (?)  I've never had a manicure either....I too am a little less than delicate when it comes to my hands. lol

Lil Me

Enjoy your massage.  You might even be able to relax and have a little nap.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

How about pedicures?

I've only had a pedicure once in my life and have never had a manicure.  I don't like to keep long nails because I type all the time.

P.C.

Never had one of those either.  I'm a spa treatment noob.

Michel

Lise

I've never had a massage done before so I can't comment on that one. I find it a bit uncomfortable to let another person other than hubby (and the doctor!) but from what I hear most ppl enjoy the massages.

I've done the French manicure and liked it. Not sure if I will do it again as I need my fingers to do work. With the French manicure, you're kinda like handicapped  as your nails look so pretty, it's virtually hard to do anything else like cooking! I didn't particularly care of the face they use un-sterilized instruments to cut your dead skin. However, if you've never had a manicure before, I do recommend it at least once. Just to see what's it's like.

Either way, you're a lucky lady, Ms. PC.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

When's your scheduled masasge, P.C.?  Please do tell us all about it. :)