Buffalo Plane Crash

Started by P.C., Feb 13 09 06:25

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I was surprised to learn that one of the women aboard the flight was Beverly Eckert.... who was widowed when her husband was killed as a passenger in one of the planes involved  in the World Trade Center tragedy.  The odds of that seems so bizarre.  

I feel sad for all of the people and their families....but this one touch me a little more.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

OK....*correction*   So, typical of how uncaring the media is regarding accuracy of details (that would likely matter greatly to someone).....her husband was an employee at the World Trade Center.....not a passenger on the plane.

Lise

It's still a tragedy for everyone involved.  I heard the cause of it was ice forming on some parts of the plane?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

It is indeed Miss Lise.  A tragedy for all involved.

I can only imagine how the woman who decided to not go on standby for that flight.  It must feel so strange to know for certain, that a decision that took a split second, spared her from death.

Sportsdude

All plane crashes are bad, but I don't understand why the media has to go ad nausea  about the people who died. People die in car crashes everyday who are just as important to the people who died on that plane. Whenever these events happen I can't help but get the feeling that the media is saying to everyone 'these people were better than you.'

the pilot was on auto-pilot which is legal in those circumstances or something.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel