Unmarried Woman of Six Gave Birth to Octuplets

Started by 49er, Jan 31 09 06:33

Previous topic - Next topic

49er

"LOS ANGELES – The woman who gave birth to octuplets this week conceived all 14 of her children through [SPAN class=yshortcuts id=lw_1233437550_0 style="CURSOR: hand; BORDER-BOTTOM: #0066cc 1px dashed"]in vitro fertilization[/SPAN], is not married and has been obsessed with having children since she was a teenager, her mother said." [A href="http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/ap_on_re_us/octuplets"]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090131/ap_on_re_us/octuplets[/A]

The evenning news report this 33-year-old single mother who lives with her parents declared bankruptcy over a year ago.  The cost of hospital care of the premature octuplets who are still in the hospital will run in the millions...........her fertlity doctor ought to be shot for creating this burden on the taxpayers

P.C.

NO.....don't shoot him.  Make him support the 8 children he had no business bringing into this world.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

This is an interesting story, and the social commentary is starting to go in weird directions.

Of course, this is a bizarre ocurrance and the woman- Nadya Suleman/Nadya Doud/Nadya Gutierrez is loopy.

But critics are using this as an excuse to slam single mothers and all Iraquis in general.  Ignoring the fact that Nadya's family is reportedly Kurdish (ethnic minority in Iraq).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

That's what the media does best.  They pick a minute detail that suits their agenda, then run with it, with no regard for the facts or even have anything to do with the story.

I feel badly for this woman.  The one I feel angry at, is the doctor.  I think it was unethical of him to feed this woman's pyschosis.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.