D'oh!- Things YOu Misunderstood

Started by Lil Me, Jan 29 09 09:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

It took me years before I "got" the joke Moons Over My Hammy from the Denny's menu.  Then...one day...I was nowhere near a Denny's restaurant when it hit me like a sudden bolt of lightning.....Miami!  *chuckles to self*
  --

When I was about 10, I got glasses for the first time.  The eye doc always referred to them as "corrective lenses".  So...according to my 10-year-old logic, they were going to "correct" my shoddy eyesight...permanently.  I was so bummed out that I needed to continue wearing glasses for months and years after that, and that my vision never magically returned to 20/20.  Damn corrective lenses weren't working!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I think your 10 year old logic is a more accurate assumption.  We've been duped !!!  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

*I guess the moons would be fried eggs ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

According to Denny's website (I couldn't remember):
 Ham and scrambled egg sandwich with Swiss and American cheese on grilled sourdough. Served with choice of hash browns or grits.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lise

Oh plenty but there's so boring. Like dental materials. Solvent for something that damn instructor wanted to clean his glasses when solvent to me dentally means putting something onto the crown. Haha. Isn't that funny? NOT. Told you I have a rather boring life.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

ProjectoR kiDD

that f*ckface was the moon? ick  
||||GameoFeartH2oo8||||
First girl + Last man in the univrse to connect the chain of life
Revolt or die old, vancouver is the centre of control
the game player is here
"our planets nightmare is not over yet"
"ill find you somday, im sure of it"
Alpha