Gong Hei Fat Choi!

Started by JJ, Jan 26 09 03:01

Previous topic - Next topic

JJ

[FONT color=#c00000]                        The year of the Ox[/FONT]

Michel

Lil Me

Yeah, Happy New Year y'all!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

On a completely different note, Heckyl and Jeckyl had a maple sugar festival at school today.  Cabane a sucre.  They sang, danced, and ate candy.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Oh cool!

the parade is sunday, what time should one be there for the noon parade?

P.C.

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

That's cool that they do that.  I like it.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

I'd show up by 11:00, SD.  It gets busy down there.
 If you're early, you can wander the streets, get a snack, take some photos.

New Town Bakery in the 100 block of Pender (South side of the street) has the most awesome steamed buns.  Grab and go from the front counter, as you won't be able to find a table to sit down.  $1 -$2 for a humungous steamed bun with your choice of filling.  BBQ pork is always good.  They are ready-made and in the steamers waiting for you!

Sportsdude

ohhhh!

I'll definitely check that out.

Lise

I've only been there once to New Town. Very good egg tarts and yes, no way you can get a seat there.

Happy Year of the Ox everyone!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lil Me

Dr Sun Yat-Sen Garden has free admission Sunday.
  Plus indoor market in Tinseltown mall.

If anyone goes...say hi to my family's lions- Hoy Ping Benevolent Association, Hon Hsing Athletic Association.  I can't be there this year, as I'll be out all day with my Scout kids.

Michel