Quirky Things About You

Started by Lil Me, Jan 22 09 09:13

Previous topic - Next topic

purelife

One of my ear is deformed.  When I was a baby, I slept too much on one side, pressing the ear lobe down.  Whenever I wear a headband with my hair tied back, people would say that my headband is too tight on my ear but I would have to explain that my ear is this way and there is nothing that I can do.  

I also can't pronounce my "r's" properly.  It doesn't sound right.  I can't say "rain" properly and "remember" and other r words.

Sportsdude

what do you say instead purelife?

On accents I go in and out of whatever the local accent is.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I'm not telling you how it sounds!!  LOL.  I'm not going to get made fun of.  

The first person who ever noticed it was this gal who sat behind me in chinese school.  She said, "PL, say "RAIN!"  Then she'd laugh her head off and I'm thinking "what gives?"  :P

P.C.

Awww.  That makes me sad.     Kids can be cruel....although as kids, they don't realize the impact of their words....but it still makes me sad.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

LOL its okay purelife. ;)

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

I used to have a phobia about going out without a watch on.  But this month, I've been able to break myself of that habit.

One grandfather died when I was a kid.  I wasn't taken to the family visitation before he was cremated (I was 4), so I secretly didn't believe that he was actually dead.  For years afterwards, I used to call his phone number, expecting him to answer.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

P.C.

Awww....that is SO sad.

Lil Me

I've never actually told any family members that I used to try to phone him!  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

You should.  You never know what memories it might spark for them.  I love hearing the things my sisters remember.

Lil Me

I should tell them.
 It took me 20+ years before I confessed that I was the one who cut the cord on grandma's coffee pot.  Noone suspected me at the time (I was 3!) so my older cousin got the blame.  It was so damn tempting!  Wirecutters were left out on the table...right next to the coffee pot.  I only cut about 3/4 of the way across the cord...then I stopped...(didn't want to get in trouble!)

Michel

P.C.

I should tell them.
It took me 20+ years before I confessed that I was the one who cut the cord on grandma's coffee pot.  Noone suspected me at the time (I was 3!) so my older cousin got the blame.  It was so damn tempting!  Wirecutters were left out on the table...right next to the coffee pot.  I only cut about 3/4 of the way across the cord...then I stopped...(didn't want to get in trouble!)

[/DIV]   You probably wouldn't have gotten grounded.....I think there's a statute on these things.

|