Mother is always bugging me about driving lessons and getting a liscence

Started by GTA-Boy, Jan 23 09 07:02

Previous topic - Next topic

GTA-Boy

what's the rush in doing driving lessons and getting a driver's liscence? why can't i wait until i finish finsh my current college program and get a job which is related to that program? my mom always say i should do 20 driving lessons this spring 2 times a week. the problem is it is expensive. driving instructors can be unreliable and i know 2 of them  one which is always busy and the other which is based in toronto charges $50 that don't come to the area i live i have to take a bus to Toronto to meet him how should i tell her to stop pushing me in getting a licsense as if it is a mandatory national service? i am sick of this  

P.C.

Just tell your mom you appreciate her concern SOOO much, but you are in college now, so it's time for her to start that difficult journey of letting go.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

P.C.

Wait....I forgot to ask.  Are you paying room and board ?

GTA-Boy

no i live at home i am going to college part-time because i could not keep up with full-time

P.C.

In that case, you'll have to suck it up a little bit.  

So do you not want to learn to drive ?  Maybe I'm not following you very well.

GTA-BOY

P.C.

I wonder if she feels that it might open up the playing field for you in getting a job, if you are mobile.

P.C.

GTA-Boy

greater toronto area  in ontario canada  and i am doing a program where i am training to be a library technician

P.C.

Ah...that's what I figured.  

What exactly is a library technician ?

Lil Me

Maybe it would be helpful for your mom if you had a license.  Since you live at home and all.

Personally, I think everyone should have a license.  Even if you don't drive every day, it's important to have for emergencies, etc.

Btw, what do you use for picture ID?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

GTA-Boy

I currently have a G1 learner's permit liscence

froma google search

Library technicians help librarians acquire, prepare, and organize materials and help users to find those materials. Library technicians usually work under the supervision of a librarian, although they sometimes work independently. Technicians in small libraries handle a range of duties; those in large libraries usually specialize. The duties of technicians are expanding and evolving as libraries increasingly use the Internet and other technologies to share information. Depending on where they work, library technicians can have other titles, such as library technical assistant or media aide.

[A href="http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos113.htm"]http://www.bls.gov/oco/ocos113.htm[/A]

P.C.

I don't want to sound rude, but it doesn't seem like something that requires college.  

*ok....that did sound rude....but I don't mean it to.  What kind of courses do you need to take?  

Sparkleface

LOl. My mom is the opposite. >< I wannnnna Drive so badly.=( I have my permit and waiting for the rest and she is spossed to take me for driving lessons but she hardly ever does.  When she does take me out it's very short and mostly she is panicing and freaking out at me. Hey Im not that bad of a driver, I am a nervous driver so I go super slow because I am careful and don't wanna crash and die. I just cant help sometimes go into the wrong lane.D: It's because the roads are not painted very well, not my fault. Honestly.  
Oh Hai.=3

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein