Water Marks on Ceiling

Started by Lise, Nov 22 08 08:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

I agree with Michel and 49er.. I would take a look at doing it myself with bulldog or tar sealant.

But that being said.. what happens if it continues to leak or something else leaks? In Lise's case.. shes the only handywoman there.
I would get a second quote lise, and NOT tell the next guy what was found, and see what he comes up with. Pricewise and problemwise.

See if either of them give a warranty on the fix and/ or guarantee on condition on the rest.

Good point Van.. Thinking back when we had the new metal roof done (new, ha! That was like 4-5 years ago now)

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

I know... I wanted a second quote too but hubby is adamant that this guy can and should fix the roof. He came from a solid background so there's no reason to doubt him. At any rate, the guy's coming sometime next week. I just want this stupid problem to get fixed. *sigh*
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lise wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I know... I wanted a second quote too but hubby is adamant that this guy can and should fix the roof. He came from a solid background so there's no reason to doubt him. At any rate, the guy's coming sometime next week. I just want this stupid problem to get fixed. *sigh*[/div]
What does this mean? I always get a second quote to see if he comes up with teh same as the first, if they are different I get a third.

In the end I might end up doing it myself.

LUCK! At least it will be over.

Is it coming with a guarantee on the fix?

Lise

Well.... my husband arrnaged for the whole thing and he claims the roofer came from a reputable background. At any rate, I just hand out the dole, he does the rest of the paperwork. I don't know if there's any gurantee.... I will, however, ask him before he starts work. There should be some guarantee that it won't leak again when the next heavy downpour begin.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Skylight is leaking.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/konfus/n010.gif" border=0]  Grrrrrrrrrr !  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Too much snow on the roof?
 We shovel the flat portions of the roof here, though it hasn't been necessary yet this year.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I shoveled it once....but of course there was another dump and it is pretty deep up there.  It's just the roof over the lounge....which is fairly flat.  I think it might be ice expanding and making the seams heave ?  maybe ?  

Michel

P.C.

Lil Me's right.  It's all about calk !   [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/frech/p015.gif" border=0]

Michel

Orik

Groans michel.... such atrocious use of the English language when u make jokes that bad... could you not at least make them in french. there by giving them some elegance perchance..

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Michel

Lil Me

We need to bash up the ice in the roof drains here.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
We need to bash up the ice in the roof drains here.

Im thinking about doing something similar LM.. and also next year looking into heater cable that goes into them that I can turn on to keep the ice that goes into them from freezing.. the one Im worried about, drains right onto my sidewalk that goes around the back of my house. I slipped agian tonight on it. I use an insane amount of salt on that sidewalk every year over the winter

|