OJ Finally in Prison

Started by P.C., Dec 05 08 09:54

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I thought he would get much longer.  33 years with chance of parole in 9 years.  It was great to see the swagger taken out of him.  I loved the judges comments....."I wasn't sure if you were ignorant or arrogant....but through the course of this trial, you answered my question.  You're both"
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

Orik

he got 33 years in prison for what charge ?

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

For all of the charges he was found guilty of....which I think was all of them.  If he had gotten maximum for all convictions, he could have been given over 100 years.

Orik

well i guess their is something to be said about Canadian laws then... that is a long time in jail. just to TRY and steal back his own stuff...

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

Oh I think it was much more than that.....this is a list of only SOME of the charges.

Simpson was charged and convicted with two counts of robbery with use of a deadly weapon, conspiracy to commit robbery, burglary with a deadly weapon, two counts of assault with a deadly weapon and coercion, said Clark County District Attorney David Roger.

A conviction on the most serious charge, robbery with use of a deadly weapon, could bring a sentence of three to 35 years for each count, he said.

I think there is also a kidnapping charge, and several others.

Michel

P.C.

He got away with that one a long time ago.  I suppose that's why there is such a sense of satisfaction to see him finally where he belongs.

Orik

PC that is only assuming he is guilty of the hideous crime of murdering his wife. remember he was found innocent in the eyes of the laws of man. only the final court of appeal will his true innocence or guilt be judged...

Michel

Russ

I thought he was in jail.

This is that guy that was in naked gun 33 1/3rd right?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

PC that is only assuming he is guilty of the hideous crime of murdering his wife. remember he was found innocent in the eyes of the laws of man. only the final court of appeal will his true innocence or guilt be judged...

Well....I don't think there's too many sane people out there that don't think he did it.  Who writes a book called 'If I Did It', with details that were never released to anyone who didn't do it ?

And I don't think he was found innocent in the eyes of the 'laws of man'....he was found innocent in a court of law.  In his civil trial....'laws of man', he was found guilty.  

Orik

a court of law.= the laws of man... for mankind did write these laws. so if he is found guilty or innocent of a crime it is cause of the laws of man in a court of law within those statutes ? < is that even the word i am looking for ...  ( spelling?) that are written and then they are used to most a studiously by the shysters and ummmm :D other practitioners of law. anyways enough on this... their must be some nice and more fun subjects to pass time doing

P.C.

True, true.  All kinds of ways to put it, I suppose.  Courts make mistakes all the time.

Whatever he was found, by whomever,  I for one, am happy to see the scumbag getting his just desserts.      

Sportsdude

Actually he was found guilty in his civil trial about the murders, just not the criminal. American justice. lol

He got the typical sentence for that crime, if anybody else does what he did, they get what he got, at least in that state. (it varies state by state) So if you think he got off somehow. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."