The Work Thread

Started by Lil Me, Dec 01 08 06:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

Purelife!  How is your new job?
 Lise!  How goes the war?

Me, I haven't finished my year end financials yet.  Fiscal year ended Oct 31, so I'd better get a move on.  Life keeps getting in the way, though!!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Is that the way it works for your own business? Fiscal year ends at teh end of october and its until the end of april for the filing? I still dont get it. When I was self employed I used an accountant. Everything went to her. lol.

Still no real timeline for when I leave.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Work.... bah humbug. I just want to work like Paris Hilton. My workplace can be the greatest place work in if it wasn't for that particular co-worker. Why does it take one bad apple to spoil the rest?

Anyways, the war continues.... it just simmers for now. Till the next blow-out.

Where is the beautiful purelife these days? Has her work taken her from us for the time being?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Evening! Didnt she start at her new position today? Must have been busy wrapping up and training her replacement the last little while.  

Orik

i miss my job and miss my work and miss my pay checks

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Lil Me

Russ- you can pick your own fiscal year end.  It doesn't have to be Jan 1 - Dec 31.
 Sometime you could talk to your accouuntant about incorporating your biz- writing off some expenses and also reducing your personal income taxes, too.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

Lil Me wrote:
Russ- you can pick your own fiscal year end.  It doesn't have to be Jan 1 - Dec 31.
Sometime you could talk to your accouuntant about incorporating your biz- writing off some expenses and also reducing your personal income taxes, too.

Interesting.. never knew that.
I wrote off lots when I was self employed.. no business anymore however. Im employed by a company :(

Sportsdude

Work is going good. You know planning to take over the universe takes some time.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
Work is going good. You know planning to take over the universe takes some time.  

LOL. And money.

Sportsdude

Yeah I haven't figured out that money part, yet.
Apparently according to wiki Gordon Campbell's profession is Urban Planning, became a real estate developer. Still waiting to run into him on campus.

Michel

Michel

Russ

Sportsdude wrote:
Apparently according to wiki Gordon Campbell's profession is Urban Planning, became a real estate developer. Still waiting to run into him on campus.

I like Campbell. Seriously, he seems more conservative than liberal. Or maybe its just him?

Sportsdude

Well I have sources that say he frequents the Safeway.
But he lives on campus, I say I'm afraid to walk at night with him driving around. lol

lol If I walked into him, he'd be afraid of me, more than me going "omg Gordon Campbell". Knowing me now that I know he did Urban Planning we'd talk for a half hour about urban planning. I tend to do this with other politicians I have a knack to run into. Long story, personalities match I guess.

Sportsdude

Russ wrote:
 Sportsdude wrote:

I like Campbell. Seriously, he seems more conservative than liberal. Or maybe its just him?

He's neither.

He started out as a Reform guy ended up being a typical Third Way New Labour Tony Blair type.