Juicer

Started by P.C., Nov 25 08 05:54

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Anybody have one ?  

Love em ?    Like em ?    Use rarely ?   Dust collector ?  Door stop ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Had one when I was a kid.  We made fresh OJ about once every 5 years.  It sat in closet rest of the time.  lol  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Ahh....the dual-function one.....Dust Collector / Door Stop.

*error fixed [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/smilie/liebe/g038.gif[/img]    It's sad really.....when the simplest of words escape your world.    

Lil Me

I see them at garbage sales a lot, if that's any indication.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

I see.  Right beside all the home gymn equipment ?

Lil Me

Yes, the dual function exercise bike/clothing rack!

When I was a kid, we had a rocking chair/clothing rack.  I don't think anyone sat in the chair for a good 15 years.  It held the ironing/mending pile.

P.C.

LOL

I like multi-functional things.  Door knob/coat hanger, chair back/coat hanger, ironing board/coat hanger, back of couch/coat hanger.  Great stuff.

purelife

I have a small orange juicer that I inherited from my mom.  I love it.  It does the trick when I want fresh oj.

My parents own the jack lalaine's (if that's his name) power juicer.  I usually make something for myself when I'm there.  That thing is awesome, but it just takes up so much counter space...space that I don't have.

JJ

[P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0cm 0cm 0pt"]I bought a juicer as I have fruit trees, but it just wasn't worth it.  It takes too much fruit to get a little juice and a mega mess.  I'm going to donate it Sally Anne one day soon.  I also have a [SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"] [/SPAN]food dehydrator which I use much more often for my cherries. [?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /][o:p][/o:p]

P.C.

I've heard this....about it taking a ton of produce to get a little juice.  My sister has one...but she has orchards and vinyards, and usually an over abundance of fruit.  She uses it a lot.  She brought me some of her grape juice, and it was really close to heaven.

The reason I'm asking, is for the very reason you said JJ....and if I have to BUY produce to make a little bit of juice....it sounds like it might not be such a great deal.

49er

we have a juicer......it sits with all the other small kitchen appliances way back on the shelves under the island.  The last small appliance my wife purchased was a soya milk maker.  I enjoyed fresh soya milk for about a month before the appliance disappeared deep under the counter

P.C.

Our equivalent to that would be the espresso/cappuccino machine.  Gone to the great kitchen appliance graveyard in the depths of the pantry.  Oh yea.....and the onion blossom maker.     (which we did use a few times before going to it's final resting place).  

JJ

The other appliance going to the graveyard is my deep fat fryer.  It's just too unhealthy to cook that way!

P.C.

I have a deep fryer...it's actually pretty new, but I don't use it.  Not because deep frying is unhealthy, but because the deep fryer is unhealthy.  What I mean is, it doesn't get hot enough.  Sufficient heat lessens the absorption of fat.  I will still partake in the occasional sinful indulgence of something deep fried, but I just use a good ol pot.  

mmmmm....deep fried prawns.  I figure there's a trade off for everything.      

Russ

We have a juicer... Somewhere. havent seen it in years.
Have a fruit dryer.. actually use that on occasion.. once a year or so for about two weeks until we forget about it again.
Have smokers.. doing some smoked salmon in the next few days.
Have a deep fryer.. use it once every few weeks. Most for french fries, and spring rolls. We do now have a turkey fryer.. only I cant convince the starfishie to let me do it again soon :(

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims