Get it done NOW

Started by P.C., Nov 16 08 09:57

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

38 sleeps, 2 hours, 3 minutes & 43 seconds

Yup.....that's the countdown.  Get all your shopping/preparation done in the next 2 weeks for a stress free December.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Russ

I like shopping the week before. It makes it oh so much more fulfilling.

Xmas shopping is not meant to be done months in advance.. thats cheating.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

You're shopping in this economy? lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Cheating is fun !  lol  

Sawdust is a Dec 24th guy as well.  Getting it done early is Dec 23rd.  

Sportsdude

My shopping is the day or two before I fly home. I'll buy something Canadian of the non drug related variety as the national resource that we pride ourselves in is so special it can't be shipped on a commercial airline.

Oh that reminds me, thanksgiving is next week. Gotta start sending out cards.

Lise

I'm halfway done so yaaaay! I just need to figure out where to buy big baskets so I can create food baskets for the rest of the family.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Marik

If you put it that way P.C. the big day seems really close.
But that IS cheating... shopping so early! Has to be at least December!

Russ

Marik wrote:
If you put it that way P.C. the big day seems really close.
But that IS cheating... shopping so early! Has to be at least December!

Im going for double digits of Dec before I will consider it.
'Bless'!
Good to see ya bud.. hows school and work going with you?

Marik

pretty bad actually...
reffing soccer is still fun / good exercise but uni. is lousy.
I hate to be negative but I'm not taking stuff I want to, got a 3.5 hour commute for 4 hours of classes which are a waste of time (could just stay home and study myself since the profs teach out of the textbook), I'm barely passing one course, and probably failing another.
I've burned out and I'm tired of studying. *sigh* :(

I came across this a couple days ago:
[a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081104.wldropout04/BNStory/lifeFamily/home"]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081104.wldropout04/BNStory/lifeFamily/home[/a]
"Ms. Shaienks said the top three reasons given for dropping out were that students did not like their programs; that they wanted to work; or that they felt they did not have enough money."

I read that and thought "wow, I am at risk here... I qualify for all 3 reasons!"

If I fail and UBC kicks me out I've been thinking of joining the army.

Maybe I won't be giving that free psyc session to DS users after all... (sorry guys, lol)

But yeah, no shopping until December!!!

P.C.

A 3 1/2 hour commute ?!?!!  Wow, that's rough Marik !  First year is tough....hang in there.  It'll get better....it HAS to.

Sportsdude

How can one fail in Canada? You have to work at it. lol
I hear ya Marik. Did the whole commute thing 100km plus a day all through high school.

Marik

I took econ... don't know what I was thinking since I'm horrible at math...    

Sportsdude

lol Same here on the math part. I took an Econ class last year, but didn't last a month in it as I knew it was bad news.  

Russ

Marik wrote:
pretty bad actually...
reffing soccer is still fun / good exercise but uni. is lousy.
I hate to be negative but I'm not taking stuff I want to, got a 3.5 hour commute for 4 hours of classes which are a waste of time (could just stay home and study myself since the profs teach out of the textbook), I'm barely passing one course, and probably failing another.
I've burned out and I'm tired of studying. *sigh* :(

I came across this a couple days ago:
[a href="http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081104.wldropout04/BNStory/lifeFamily/home"]http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20081104.wldropout04/BNStory/lifeFamily/home[/a]
"Ms. Shaienks said the top three reasons given for dropping out were that students did not like their programs; that they wanted to work; or that they felt they did not have enough money."

I read that and thought "wow, I am at risk here... I qualify for all 3 reasons!"

If I fail and UBC kicks me out I've been thinking of joining the army.

Maybe I won't be giving that free psyc session to DS users after all... (sorry guys, lol)

But yeah, no shopping until December!!!

Its not easy in University. theres a big transition.. as you are finding. The 3.5 hour commute is NOT helping you, a commute of an hour max is about what you need. If you make it through teh first year, as PC says it wont be easier, but you will have a routine and know how to study, alot time, etc, etc.

If you DO leave UBC and want to join the military for training into a trade, or they pay for your schooling.. look into it. Look into other branches like say.. Navy, or even air force. Depends what you want out of it.

But dont worry.. it wont get that far! You will pass.
I had problems with math.. didnt do too well from 10 to gr 12. When I was taking other courses one year out of HS, I redid my math 12 and took my time from the basics back up. After that I really got math and excelled in it since then.. Maybe look at what you are doing and redo the basics. Honestly, if you dont get that, you wont get the rest. Trust me on that, lol.

Good luck!

purelife

Did anyone have to cut down their 'xmas gift shopping and crossed off names or spent less than usual?