Started by Gopher, Nov 15 08 12:35

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

lol

from gum drops to gummy bear chandeliers

rat stew

ps michel u forgot ur added food word hehe

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Michel

P.C.

Is the fire department aware of this arrangement ? lol

No....but I bet it's the best little wasp attracter around.

Yellow beans  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

[a href="http://halloweenalliance.com/party/rat-stew-pumpkin-recipe.htm"]Stewed Rat [/a]  

[h3 class="r"][a href="http://www.bertc.com/cooking_rats.htm" class="l" onmousedown="return clk(this.href,'','','res','1','')"]Cooking [em]Rats[/em] and Mice[/a][/h3]This "Rat Stew" A Halloween recipe is complete with legs, tails, whiskers, eyes and entrails. This [span style="text-decoration: underline;"][/span]is actually for a scrumptious Mediterranean stew, baked in a real pumpkin for a stunning presentation. If anyone thinks they have identified the "rat legs" as chicken, simply give them an evil smile and say, "Well, they say everything tastes like chicken, right?" Even though it may look complicated, this is an easy recipe. [/div][div style="text-align: left;"] [/div][p style="text-align: left;"]Ingredients
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]2 tablespoons olive oil
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1.5 lb chicken wingettes (mini-drumsticks, for the rat legs)
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1/2 lb smoked sausage links
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1 onion, chopped
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1 red bell pepper
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]4 cloves garlic
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1/4 of a 6.75 oz package of maifun rice sticks (these are very thin Asian rice noodles, for whiskers. You could also substitute angel hair)
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1/4 cup flour
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1/4 teaspoon thyme
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1/4 teaspoon pepper
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1/4 teaspoon salt
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1/4 teaspoon paprika
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1 teaspoon basil
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1 teaspoon oregano
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1 teaspoon rosemary
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]3 cups chicken or beef broth
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1 1/2 cups red wine
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]Black olives, for eyes
[/p][p style="text-align: left;"]1 8-10 lb pumpkin
[/p][div style="text-align: left;"] [/div][ul style="text-align: left;"][div style="text-align: left;"]
Instructions [/div][/ul]Clean out pumpkin. Do not carve it!
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
Mix 1/4 cup flour, salt, pepper, paprika and thyme together. Reserve 1 1/2 tablespoons of this mixture for thickening the stew.
Heat the olive oil in a skillet. Dredge the chicken wingettes in the remaining flour mixture and brown them in the skillet with the oil.

While the wings brown, slice sausage into tails. To make tails, cut each sausage in half vertically. Then, cut each of these halves in half lengthwise. Cut the sausage halves into thin slices that taper to a point at one end, like rat tails. See the illustration.
Chop bell pepper into long thin strips (think entrails). Also, chop onion and mince garlic.

After chicken has browned, transfer it to the pumpkin.
Heat sausage, garlic, pepper, and onion in skillet until sausage is browned and vegetables are soft.
Put sausage and vegetables into the pumpkin with the chicken.

In a bowl, combine broth, wine, Worcestershire sauce, and herbs. Pour into pumpkin.
Place pumpkin on a strong baking sheet and brush outside with olive oil.
Bake for an hour and 45 minutes at 375 degrees.

Remove pumpkin. Break rice sticks into 3-4 inch long pieces and add to the pumpkin stew. If necessary, mix reserved flour mixture into a paste with a little bit of water and add to stew to thicken it.

Return the pumpkin to oven for another 15 minutes.

Remove the pumpkin from the oven, and season stew with additional salt and pepper if necessary. You can either add the black olive "eyes" directly to the stew or serve them on the side as a garnish.

When serving stew, make sure to scrape some of the pumpkin meat off of the side.[div style="text-align: left;"] [/div][p style="text-align: left;"]Yum! Not too much rat in it. Just five or so. Enjoy![/p][div style="text-align: left;"] [/div]
[div style="text-align: left;"]

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

P.C.

I'll get right on that one.

Turducken
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Orik

rat stew contains no real rats or mice my dear just having some fun

Nan's Bread Pudding

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Orik

Limburger cheese sandwich

your all in luck i found my recipe

i myself use sourdough, you all. can use any bread you like. though rye. is one of the better ones.  i just have a weakness for a good sour dough... this is a sandwich with a whole mash of delicious flavors from subtle to the kick in the teeth....

Limburger Sandwich Recipe

10 slices rye bread (dark, light or pumpernickel)
Prepared brown mustard ( Dijon works nice. just do not use to hot a mustard )
Limburger cheese, sliced thick
thick slices of sweet onion
thick tomato slices
100 grams of smoked Montreal beef tongue in BBQ sauce

now if you are like me you have some Montreal smoked tongue (not beef) the tongue has a stronger flavor, which meshes well with the smokey BBQ sauce... it should be served immediately after you get it at your favorite deli... you will need 500 grams of smoked tongue just enough to add to the sandwich without ruining the strong flavours of the cheese and  onions

To assemble sandwich, spread mustard on rye bread slices, layer with Limburger cheese and thick sweet onion slices  with the smoked tongue and the thick tomatoe slice in the middle hehehe

Serve with your favorite beer.

Makes 5 sandwich's.

do not add mayo or any other sauces these will just distract from the mouth full of flavor explosion you now have to enjoy... please serve with a nice dark ale or light beer depending on the diners preffrence... i preffer a warstiener myself... a nice german beer that washes this gastronomical sandwich down with great relish... sighs ohh but i am hungry now...

Orik

H for haggis...

|