Orik Basher was addmitted to hospital with acute liver failure

Started by Orik Basher, Nov 08 08 01:04

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Orik

pepper is in foster care now worried, so rest ur mind  meowaid took her in. thankfully... so thats one less worries on my mind... if things ever got bad enough i would go to the food bank for foods and i would sooner return to the street and return to begging for spare change than beg on the internet...

what i used to do for a living before my life crashed round my ears... was i worked as a patrol officer doing security in the Vancouver east side and before that i used to sell joints to the guys at the bars while begging spare change when i lived out on the street

so u think im a thief and cheat, lol well perhaps ur right... perhaps ur wrong... it is your opinion and i will never denies u ur right to think it of some one u don't know but sure seem to have a hate on for... insert big hug hear just for u worried may u find some fun and love in ur duress to easy ur mind mr or ms worried may u find solace in what ever is bothering u so much ...

that worried is ur opinion... i would sooner return the love than believe the worst in a person i used to be that bad worried and a lot more,,, i once would of kicked in ur back door stole ur tv and run out with ur other valuables and then pawned it for coke money and other bad things...

i done did stuff once upon a time... stuff i am far from proud of but i have also done stuff, stuff that i am proud of in fact proud of...  god willingly i will not break my commandments with my god and savior further as of Aug 93 its been 15 years cocaine free  ... and that is a fact i am proud of. i do not use stimulants i no longer use depressants and i am now 28 days as a none smoker.. no im not a good christian and i am far from a good man..

but a man and a christian i am and nothing u say will take those facts from me worried...  

but in this day and age ur sceptasism is many things to u i wish you well and the blessing of myself and of the lord god and his sone jesus christ and by the grace of the holy spirit and by the angels of heaven may u find ur self blessed everyday this week and may you find a realtionship with some one who brings u faith instead of fear..

i am not a good christian, i am weak, my faith is strong, my heart is weary and my tears and  fears win out more often than the time i spend in prayer...  no i try to do the best i can for my friends and u sir or mam are apparently no friend of mine but u r sure coming across as a bitter troll and enemy to me..

but i do thank u for ur contribution to this thread and another bump up the page.. so for now i say god bless and may i know ur first name so i may pray for ur safety and gods love and grace to look after u and ur scepticall heart and may u find salvtion in the life of Christ but if Christianity... is not for u, i can understand...

me i just return to the teachings and the faith i grew up in... its not much but its all i have to hold on to... and its is a small comfort to a man who is afraid of dieing alone with no family or progeny of his own ...

bless everyone and if tonight i did return to the folds of heaven it would not be in sin ...

tomorrow is another day and god willingly i will awaken and greet the day with a smile and say good morning lor... instead of as some men and more than a few women i am sure amongst others who will say good lord its morning hehehe

good night all

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

Matthew

[H3]Matthew 6:5-6 (New International Version)[/H3] [DIV class=result-text-style-normal]  [H5]Prayer [/H5] [SPAN class=sup id=en-NIV-23288]5 [/SPAN]"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. [SPAN class=sup id=en-NIV-23289]6 [/SPAN]But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."  

Orik

sorry Mathew, forgot about that one... hangs head will try not to forget it again... consider me reminded and chastised...

thank you

Never give up Never surrender Fight with ur last breath Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. There comes a time when all will die A time we transcend & attain our place afterlife. My Fight is not yet done, I'm tired & I'd like to go home, But I'm not ready to go just yet.

An ex-DVer

Hey Orik, I used to go on DV a bit.

First of all, really sorry to hear about your illness. I wish you all the best for a recovery and a return to a normal life. Things are tough right now, but by the sounds of it, you've successfully overcome far greater obstacles in your years on this earth. We all know that you're going to get through this and it seems that you know that you will too.

Second, you have done the brave and kind thing with Miss Pepper. It shows how much you care for her by doing this. The world needs more people who care for animals like this.

Take care.

stretchedout

I too was raised going to church.  Funny thing is, the people I know who live the most "Christian" lifestyle are atheists!  So do we really need to rehearse the words created to control the masses thousands of years ago?  Do those "brainwashed" in churches from early childhood through adolescence end up morally better than those spared the Sunday morning tradition?  We have a codified criminal code now, and provincial statutes too, to control behaviour by imposing consequences.

Is religion man made?  Hmm...  And with regards to prayer, for oneself, praying to the higher power helps for sure.  But to think others praying for one has any positive effect has been proven to be false.  Longtitudinal study published two years ago:

[A href="http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html"]http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/31/health/31pray.html[/A]

"In your head, in your head... zombie"  
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Orik

thank you x-dver as a x dver my self... i can only hope ur right...  i often wonder but with pepper, i know i made the right choice... some days its hard enough just to stand up... other days i do better. it might be long and many months, b4, i fully recover, if i ever fully recover... but the future, is not here, nor am i prophet, or a seer, to know what tomorrow holds,

stretchedout only u, can decide whats best for you... for me, i chose to believe in the power of prayer and whether that prayer be just good thoughts voiced specified prayer or just a handwritten note that is deliverd by other means... from good people whether it be Wicca christian catholic Shintoism ( do they pray ? Shintoists that is. what about Buddhists i assume these religions also pray)

thier are many diffrent religions mine just happens to be christian. for now the best, i can do is hold to my faith, ask for prayers cause i believe in the great power of good thinking and the fantastic power of prayer

i believe in divine healing and gods intervention.. sometimes Gods answer is long in coming, some times it is immediate and sometimes it is not the answer we expected, at all.  

x dver u make me smile u remind me that yes i love pepper more than my own needs she deserves the very best, she lived hard and rough. if she stayed with me i would of had no choice but to put her down,  in 2 or 3 month i can reevaluate how things are here and im praying they will be pepper friendly again

if not then i do not know where her future will be . if i take a turn for the worse and end up back in hospital again confused and in a state of distress again im gonna be in trouble... the hardest part for me was the days i could not even remember my own name or where i was

i knew i was very sick but thankfully that has passed and my enzymes where slowly going down...i don't know where those r right now... i do know im not getting yellower some days im okay other days... its noticeable ( the severe jaundice ) the hard part is just not knowing what my body will do.

so i must be cautious always if i get tired or dizzy to remember to rest often, if i get a headache, i have to rest, i can not take aspirin or acetaminophen, i can not enjoy a beer or any form of alcohol, i have to avoid mushrooms ( i think im supposed to avoid them )  just not to sure... i place my trust in God and his son. Jesus was a lawyer, a salesman, a carpenter... well he's my boss hehehe but 4 now good sirs and mams.... i bid u a marvelous day... till the morrow or just until later today.  

stretchedout

Parables are fairy tales.  Only the naive believe the stories are fact based.

Here are some wise men's thoughts on religion:

"It appears to me (whether rightly or wrongly) that direct arguments against christianity and theism produce hardly any effect on the public; and freedom of thought is best promoted by the gradual illumination of men's minds which follows from the advance of science." [Darwin]  "If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities." [Voltaire]  "I cannot imagine a God who rewards and punishes the objects of his creation, whose purposes are modeled after our own -- a God, in short, who is but a reflection of human frailty. Neither can I believe that the individual survives the death of his body, although feeble souls harbor such thoughts through fear or ridiculous egotism." [Einstein]  "Faith means not wanting to know what is true." [Nietzsche]  "I cannot believe in the immortality of the soul.... No, all this talk of an existence for us, as individuals, beyond the grave is wrong. It is born of our tenacity of life – our desire to go on living ... our dread of coming to an end." [Edison]  "The Bible is not my book nor Christianity my profession. I could never give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma." [Lincoln]  "Religion is a byproduct of fear. For much of human history, it may have been a necessary evil, but why was it more evil than necessary? Isn't killing people in the name of God a pretty good definition of insanity?" [Arthur C. Clarke]  "Religions are all alike – founded upon fables and mythologies." [Thomas Jefferson]  "Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile." [Kurt Vonnegut]  "Religion is based . . . mainly on fear . . . fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand. . . . My own view on religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race." [Bertrand Russell]

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Orik

im a bit tired lil_me and in need of a nap so im gonna lie down and strectchedout is spewing a bunch of stuff, i cant make head nor tails ...of maybe cause i chose to ignore his nonesence today... by not reading his diatribe of material today.... and i cant find that info on best deals on Regarding the .Scanning code of practise. can u post me link to that info in a pm lil_me ?

or just tell me what page in best deals to go read. for now im gona have a glass of milk eat a banana and have a nap.. and hopefully not get sick today...

stretchedout

Orik wrote:
strectchedout is spewing a bunch of stuff, i cant make head nor tails ...of maybe cause i chose to ignore his nonesence today... by not reading his diatribe of material today

-------------------------------------------------

Someone needs to look at the man in the mirror!

Gopher

Matthew wrote:
 [h3]Matthew 6:5-6 (New International Version)[/h3] [div class="result-text-style-normal"]  [/p][h5]Prayer [/h5] [span class="sup" id="en-NIV-23288"]5 [/span]"And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. [span class="sup" id="en-NIV-23289"]6 [/span]But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you."  
[/p] This is an interesting one. It caused me a lot of trouble for some time and eventually contibuted to other reasons why I left the mainstream church.
[/p][/div]

A fool's paradise is better than none.

Ex DVer

Orik wrote:
 thank you x-dver as a x dver my self... i can only hope ur right...  i often wonder but with pepper, i know i made the right choice... some days its hard enough just to stand up... other days i do better. it might be long and many months, b4, i fully recover, if i ever fully recover... but the future, is not here, nor am i prophet, or a seer, to know what tomorrow holds,

stretchedout only u, can decide whats best for you... for me, i chose to believe in the power of prayer and whether that prayer be just good thoughts voiced specified prayer or just a handwritten note that is deliverd by other means... from good people whether it be Wicca christian catholic Shintoism ( do they pray ? Shintoists that is. what about Buddhists i assume these religions also pray)

thier are many diffrent religions mine just happens to be christian. for now the best, i can do is hold to my faith, ask for prayers cause i believe in the great power of good thinking and the fantastic power of prayer

i believe in divine healing and gods intervention.. sometimes Gods answer is long in coming, some times it is immediate and sometimes it is not the answer we expected, at all.  

x dver u make me smile u remind me that yes i love pepper more than my own needs she deserves the very best, she lived hard and rough. if she stayed with me i would of had no choice but to put her down,  in 2 or 3 month i can reevaluate how things are here and im praying they will be pepper friendly again

if not then i do not know where her future will be . if i take a turn for the worse and end up back in hospital again confused and in a state of distress again im gonna be in trouble... the hardest part for me was the days i could not even remember my own name or where i was

i knew i was very sick but thankfully that has passed and my enzymes where slowly going down...i don't know where those r right now... i do know im not getting yellower some days im okay other days... its noticeable ( the severe jaundice ) the hard part is just not knowing what my body will do.

so i must be cautious always if i get tired or dizzy to remember to rest often, if i get a headache, i have to rest, i can not take aspirin or acetaminophen, i can not enjoy a beer or any form of alcohol, i have to avoid mushrooms ( i think im supposed to avoid them )  just not to sure... i place my trust in God and his son. Jesus was a lawyer, a salesman, a carpenter... well he's my boss hehehe but 4 now good sirs and mams.... i bid u a marvelous day... till the morrow or just until later today.  

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]Hey Orik, glad to see that you still have your sense of humour too, one of things that I always liked about your posts in the other place. ;) I'm not much of a believer myself (I guess that my head just doesn't work that way, lol) but I admire your belief!

You're admirably forgiving of the haters -- literally, just ignoring some of the stuff that they spew is the best way forward. I guess that it makes them feel better about themself kicking someone when they're down. Ignore.

I guess that time is one big necessary healer here. Really hope that you don't have those really bad moments again.

Though originally a Vancouverite, I don't live in Vancouver anymore. I'm going to be in Vancouver for few days next month (December, that is, lol). So I'll drop you a line on your pm that you posted here. Maybe I'll drop by for one for Orik's legendary coffees on Commercial if I get a chance! :)

Stay cool...

Orik

Orik walks in to the theme of peoples court playing in back ground hehe

thanks x-dver let me know when ur in the city im always happy to meet people for a coffee.  just not gigantic groups of people ...

the coffee meet will be just after 1:30 pm tomorrow at Starbucks on commercial and second... book to be read is bourne ultimatem hehe... if no one shows up.... i will at least have a book to read...

i will try not to arrive late and hopefully a bit early. but Sunday service could run as late as 1:30 pm and could end as early as 12:30 pm

i wont know until Sunday services are actually over and will not be able to up date the time or forums cause 1. i don't have a laptop 2. i do not have a cellphone with internet access.

so im sorry i can not make the time frame any clearer. i recomend u show up a bit early say about 1:15 pm this will give u a nice seat... to see me come sauntering in more like hobeling and gasping for air.

Then u can then chose to make ur self known to me or slink out unnoticed  and probably without my ever knowing u were present...  pls no camera's im ugly enough with out more photos of me online...

as for why so many folks hate Starbucks... i will never know... perhaps the over priced lattes, that can at times tend to be a bit on the burnt tasting side :D but the choices eggnog spice latte or chia latte or gingerbread or orange or mmmm i just cant decide i will have to chose when i am their tomorrow after sundry services

wearing a beat up old black cowboy hat, Black pants & a Grey fleece sweater i will be the rotund ( meaning very fat guy ) jaundiced, looking, fellow, in  sunglasses (if its sunny)  probably smelling like a garbage bin :D  with a big old beard, messy hair,

see u there if ur coming and the invitation is open to everyone who lives in Vancouver.  and no im not buying coffee for just any one... u have to buy ur own... i am not rich only worried and shn get a free latte :D and maybe mr pyramid head. im not a scary man just a scared man... insert laughter here and not the mad scientist but the real amusement fun kind...

maybe i will even see u folks in church... but i know better than to hold my breath on that one right :) we're a small church congregation so we rent space from the SA building
[font style=""][/font]
 [div class="event-summary-expanded" id="4b8cfc43v8ct0ptad8r810dj1s_20081123T170000Z-20081123" onmousedown="gcal$func$[19](this);return false;"][span class="event-time" alt="Sun, November 23, 11:00am – 1:30pm" title="Sun, November 23, 11:00am – 1:30pm"]11:00am[/span][div class="title-wrapper"][span class="event-reply-status"] [/span][span class="event-title" style="color: rgb(27, 136, 122);"]Worship Celebration[/span][/div][/div][div class="detail-item"][span class="event-details-label"]When[/span][span class="event-when"] Sun, November 23, 11:00am – 1:30pm[/span][/div] [div class="detail-item"][span class="event-details-label"]Where[/span][span class="event-where"] 1648 East 1st Ave, Vancouver, BC ([a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=1648%20East%201st%20Ave%2C%20Vancouver%2C%20BC" class="menu-link" target="_blank"]map[/a])[/span][/div] [div class="detail-item"][span class="event-details-label"]Description[/span][span class="event-description"] Come celebrate with us!  We meet at the Salvation Army building at the corner of 1st and Commercial.  [/span][/div]
i will probably take the cane to help me walk and stabilize myself  i am sorry if im a bit spacey while walking and will try to arrive not stoned out on morphine . but cant promise depends on my pain levels... most days no pain until i have to lay down to sleep.

love this place the slower pace of ds is much easier to keep up with over dv for sure. man did i sleep long from 12 noon till almost 4 pm.. but i guess thats normal for a man who sleeps very little at night sometimes...

Orik

Sundayservice was great. i enjoyed the lighting of the advent candle and the first teachings of Luke...

as for the worship i arived late missed the singing parts...

missed seeing u all their guess none of u are early risers on a sunday huh :D hehehe

as for the Starbucks thing i arrived just after 1:30 pm had a hard time deciding and settled on a eggnog latte always a holiday favorite in my book and the free sample of the gingersnap latte with whipped cream was decadent bliss

i ate my banana lunch and chocolate chip cookie... with out any company... though i saw many nice folks hanging around.... no one came over and said hi i read ur blog on ds and am such a such poster... perhaps another Sunday... probably between 1 pm and 1:30 pm again... again time is hard to pin down due to Sunday services and prayer ministry which can sometimes take awhile

hope to see some of you out... or maybe u were all their but to afraid to say hi... thinking i am some deranged homicidal maniac lol  which ever it is
god bless every one and have a great Sunday...

Orik

nothing new to report the fatigue.... is still with me. slept from 11 pm till 3:30 pm today... im thinking that is a bit to excessive & not quiet normal but i was awake for a couple of hours during the early hours before i went back to bed... ...mind u  i just don't know enough about myself and what is going on.... i did spend close to 20 hrs a day sleeping in the hospital...

mind u i was stoned out of my tree most of the time on hydro morphine ? not sure on the spelling or pronunciation.... now im not on the same drugs as those that i was using while in the hospital...i have to think about my addictive personality here so when i am finally recovered from this liver failure...

providing i do recover and don't end up spending the rest of my life with some weird liver disease... this way i don't end up with a whole new drug addiction to kick. that would be the last thing i need in my life...  the drugs are still fairly good but they make the mind easier to think with and they are only to be taken at night... during the day i can manage my pain levels through meditation and not moving around to much.

i still get slowed down and forget what i was thinking or doing at times but it is no where near as bad as while on the hydro morphine and the best part their is no need to take Benadryl or maxoran similar drug to gravol just dont know the spelling or the pronunciation of it to combat the drugs were used to control the nausea or extreme itching and or other side effects from the hydro morphine or just from the acute liver failure its self....

so nothing of any importance to report... i did clean out and throw away 1 more garbage bag of crap. soon it will be time to start emptying the drawers and cupboards of paper back and hard cover novels... so bug infested to not even be worth trying to save...

|