Bush as a "careful speaker"

Started by TehBorken, Nov 11 08 06:12

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

[font style="font-family: Verdana;" size="2"]Sent to me by an acquaintance.
[/font][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][font style="font-family: Verdana;" size="2"]
This was too unbelievably stupid to not share, from one of the most prominent right-wing blogs written by an imbecile named John Hinderaker:
[/font]    [div style="font-family: Verdana;"][a do-not-send="true" href="http://blogometer.nationaljournal.com/archives/2008/11/1110_the_calm_b.html"][font color="#0000cc"]Hindrocket:[/a]
[/font] [/div][div style="font-family: Verdana;"][blockquote]"Obama thinks he is a good talker, but he is often undisciplined    when he speaks. He needs to understand that as President, his words will be    scrutinized and will have impact whether he intends it or not. In this regard,    President Bush is an excellent model; Obama should take a lesson from his    example. Bush never gets sloppy when he is speaking publicly. He chooses his    words with care and precision, which is why his style sometimes seems halting.    In the eight years he has been President, it    is remarkable how few gaffes or verbal blunders he has committed. If    Obama doesn't raise his standards, he will exceed Bush's total before he is    inaugurated."

[/blockquote]  Wow. [a do-not-send="true" href="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/002-0025243-5478473?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=bushisms&x=0&y=0"][font color="#0000cc"]Just wow.[/a]  What's it like living in [a href="http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2008/11/022038.php"]Powerline's[/a]  bubble? [/font]My question: "ARE YOU ON  DOPE???"[/div]  [div style="font-family: Verdana;"][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][/div]  [div style="font-family: Verdana;"]
 [/div][font style="font-family: Verdana;" size="2"]
[/font]  
The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

P.C.

Oh lord....what is he on ?   This little blurb has to be satirical ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Gopher

You've beaten me to it, PC!
A fool's paradise is better than none.

John McCain

I wish they wouldn't be so harsh on my fellow prisoner Barack .  

weird al

It's so easy to forget what a careful speaker GWB has been. Time to look back on some of his more noteworthy pronouncements, each one like a tiny little point of light...

[span style=""][/span][font size="2" face="Verdana"][o:p] [/o:p] [/font] [p class="MsoNormal"][span style="color: black;"][font size="2" face="Verdana"] "We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a nation that suffers from incredible disease." [/font][/span][font size="2" face="Verdana"][span style=""]—[span style="color: black;"]Gothenburg, Sweden, June 14, 2001[/span][/span][/font][/p][p class="MsoNormal"][font size="2" face="Verdana"][span style=""][span style="color: black;"]
[/span][o:p] [/o:p] [/span][/font][span style=""][font size="2" face="Verdana"][o:p] [/o:p] [/font][/span][/p] [p class="MsoNormal"][font size="2" face="Verdana"] "You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test.'' —[span style="color: black;"]Townsend, Tenn., [/span]Feb. 21, 2001[/font][/p][p class="MsoNormal"]
[/p][font size="2" face="Verdana"][span style="background: white none repeat scroll 0% 0%; color: black; mozbackground-clip: mozinitial; mozbackground-origin: mozinitial; mozbackground-inline-policy: mozinitial;"] "The most important thing is for us to find Osama bin Laden. It is our number one priority and we will not rest until we find him." [/span] —[span style="background: white none repeat scroll 0% 0%; color: black; mozbackground-clip: mozinitial; mozbackground-origin: mozinitial; mozbackground-inline-policy: mozinitial;"]Washington, D.C., Sept. 13, 2001[/span][/font][/p][font size="2" face="Verdana"][span style="background: white none repeat scroll 0% 0%; color: black; mozbackground-clip: mozinitial; mozbackground-origin: mozinitial; mozbackground-inline-policy: mozinitial;"]
[o:p] [/o:p] [/span][/font][/p] [font size="2" face="Verdana"][span style="color: black;"] "I don't know where bin Laden is. I have no idea and really don't care. It's not that important. It's not our priority." [/span] —[span style="color: black;"]Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002[/span][/font]

van_guy

TehBorken wrote:
 [font style="font-family: Verdana; font-style: italic;" size="2"]Sent to me by an acquaintance.
[/font][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px; font-style: italic;"][font style="font-family: Verdana; font-style: italic;" size="2"]
This was too unbelievably stupid to not share, from one of the most prominent right-wing blogs written by an imbecile named John Hinderaker:
[/font][font style="font-style: italic;" size="2"] [/font]   [div style="font-family: Verdana; font-style: italic;"][a do-not-send="true" href="http://blogometer.nationaljournal.com/archives/2008/11/1110_the_calm_b.html"][font color="#0000cc"]Hindrocket:[/a]
[/font] [/div][div style="font-family: Verdana; font-style: italic;"][blockquote]"Obama thinks he is a good talker, but he is often undisciplined    when he speaks. He needs to understand that as President, his words will be    scrutinized and will have impact whether he intends it or not. In this regard,    President Bush is an excellent model; Obama should take a lesson from his    example. Bush never gets sloppy when he is speaking publicly. He chooses his    words with care and precision, which is why his style sometimes seems halting.    In the eight years he has been President, it    is remarkable how few gaffes or verbal blunders he has committed. If    Obama doesn't raise his standards, he will exceed Bush's total before he is    inaugurated."

[/blockquote]  Wow. [a do-not-send="true" href="http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_ss_b/002-0025243-5478473?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=bushisms&x=0&y=0"][font color="#0000cc"]Just wow.[/a]  What's it like living in [a href="http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2008/11/022038.php"]Powerline's[/a]  bubble? [/font]My question: "ARE YOU ON  DOPE???"[/div] [div style="font-family: Verdana;"][hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"][/div]  [div style="font-family: Verdana;"]I'd like to appologize in advance for the harsh language - "Holy doodle"

I don't think regular dope can affect your brain that much - I think you would need to snort drano daily to get that messed up.

I have never once after a Bush  speech sat and said "wow" (well not in a positive wow kinda way).
 [/div][font style="font-family: Verdana;" size="2"]
[/font]  

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)