Obama WINS

Started by TehBorken, Nov 05 08 07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

TehBorken

Oh yeah, baby! A comment from another list I track...the first guy said it was a "landslide" and of course some anal-retentive republican had to try and deny it:

[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]I'm sorry, but Reagan won by a landslide - this was NO landslide. The electoral votes gave Obama a decisive victory, but the popular vote was very close.

Yes, you ARE sorry, lol. Sorry your candidate was shot down in flames by a LANDSLIDE. He was toasted, roasted, chopped, sliced and diced. He was ground into confetti. He was blasted at light-speed into another universe. He was hit so hard, he turned two-dimensional.

Face it, pal- by any measure it WAS a landslide, a massive overwhelming landslide. Don't be a hypocrite- if the numbers had been reversed and McCain had won all of you Republicans would be screaming, "Landslide, landslide!" at the top of your lungs. FOX News would be proclaiming it 24/7.

Stop denying reality....McCain got only 29% of the electoral votes- only 29%!! That's not even a third. I mean, HELLO??? This race wasn't even close- McCain was blown so far out of the running there isn't even a word to describe it. "Obliteration" comes close, sort of.

This was not a landslide victory.

Lol, only in your dreams, my friend, only in your dreams. Say it with me, "Landslide, landslide, LANDSLIDE!" We both know it's true. Obama is president and he was elected in a massive LANDSLIDE of unprecedented proportions.
[hr style="width: 100%; height: 2px;"]                  
Lol, "He was hit so hard, he turned two-dimensional." LOL!!!

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Michel

TehBorken

He was speaking specifically of electoral votes, not the popular vote. The popular vote, as we have seen before, means little when it comes to actually getting elected. You can win the popular vote and still lose the election.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Michel

Sportsdude

Franken looks to have lost in Minnesota by 200 votes
Prop 8 passed hating on gays
a bunch of anti-gay stuff passed in the states, the worst is Arkansas which banned gay people from adopting
Ted Stevens the criminal somehow won in Alaska. He'll be disposed next week, Sarah Palin will appoint herself to get 'experience' so she can run in 4 years.
Missouri went McCain too strong anti-black vote
That woman from Minnesota who said all democrats were anti-american, won her congressional seat.

plus side
High Speed rail is coming to California
ballot initiative 1000 passes in Washington

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Maybe I don't watch enough TV? But I think I missed out on all the goosebump moments. I can't see much changing for Canada with Obama in power or not. Hopefully things change for the better for the world.

To me, he is just another politician.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Well, televised politics usually puts me into a coma.  But I felt somewhat privileged (for lack of a better description) to have been witness to it all.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Future Canadian

Yes! Yes! Yes We Did!

I am so relieved and happy right now! Now I can be known as the once-and-future-Canadian. I don't have to worry about my country anymore.

On the landslide issue, if you look at the electoral map it's clearly at least a blowout. The list of formerly solidly republican states that turned toward the truth is staggering. Florida, Indiana, Virginia, Colorado, Ohio. And the fact that places like Montana, North Carolina, and Georgia are or were too close to call speaks volumes.

And the popular vote to me says landslide as well. At this moment it's over 63 million to nearly 56 million. 52% to 46%. Blowout! Landslide! Mandate!

...religion has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in the early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyptian priests to chronicle ecplipses with such care that in time they were able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others

Michel

Sportsdude

well he got the most votes in history, he passed Bush's '04 mark of 62 million

From the exit polls from my state people who voted McCain decided on voting for him 3 days to a week ago. So they were swayed by Joe the Plumber, 'spread the wealth', etc. And well the anti-black vote.

Old Floridians for example didn't want their grandkids to live under a black man.

If McCain wasn't from Arizona, zona would have gone blue. But if Obama was white and not perceived as a muslim or whatever he'd of had a higher vote tally.

oh and I still am not moving back, I didn't move here for political reasons and besides where is home to me anyway.

Michel

Sportsdude

He only got the most ever because that was the year of the anti-gay amendments. The evangelical born agains came out in droves to stop the gays. Kerry received the most votes by a Democratic nominee that year as well.

Michel

Gopher

The euphoric atmosphere is reminding me of the summer of love.  
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Sportsdude

oh and this was the first time a Democratic Presidential nominee since Carter received over 50% of the popular vote. Democratic nominees never win the white vote educated or uneducated since post '68.