Obama WINS

Started by TehBorken, Nov 05 08 07:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportsdude

Well we'll see. He's got only a year to do something. post Jan 1 2010 Congress won't want to do anything with elections looming. He doesn't have 60 seats in the Senate so Republicans can filibuster. He'll need 3 to 4 Republican Senators (see gang of 14) to get something passed. With Ted Stevens getting elected he'll be removed from office by the Republicans, Sarah Palin will appoint herself as Senator I bet. I would, she's seen as laughing stock in the world, go to Washington make a name for yourself nationally, nobody is going to pay attention to you in Alaska.

Then Jan 1 2011 Republicans will start musing about presidential candidates Palin or Bobby Jindal gov. of Louisiana. "the battle of the minorities" if that's what the 2012 election will be. Jindal of Indian descent converted from Hinduism to Catholicism in university. grass roots Republicans love him. He talks with a deep Louisiana accent so white voters will like that, but he's too Sarah Palin on the social conservative side.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Gopher

You're raining on my parade, Michel.
A fool's paradise is better than none.

Michel

Gopher

Ah, thank you!

Russ

I wonder how many of his policies he will backtrack on.. considering the country cant afford all of what he promised, its doubled its debt in the last 8 years due to Bush. I was amazed at a graph I saw somewhere showing debt from Clinton (going down) to Bush.    
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Michel

Gopher

Such talent will take you far - keep it up

Michel

Gopher

I did indeed.

49er

Russ wrote:
I wonder how many of his policies he will backtrack on.. considering the country cant afford all of what he promised, its doubled its debt in the last 8 years due to Bush. I was amazed at a graph I saw somewhere showing debt from Clinton (going down) to Bush.

Better stop the bleeding in the next 4 years.......critics will not be patient.  It will be interesting to see how much he ages during his term

49er

I wonder if any Republican running for future office will seek Bush's endorsement.

Russ

49er wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]I wonder if any Republican running for future office will seek Bush's endorsement.[/div]
I honestly dont think anyone would. Notice he laid low the last week of elections and nothing emitted from the whitehouse the day of the elections?
I wonder what he is going to do now until he leaves the whitehouse? What pardons and legacies is going to try to leave from this point on.

49er

its karma coming back to bite his ass.........cannot forget Bush and company doing a number on Kerry and ruining his reputation in 2004 with the swift boat ads

Russ

49er wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]its karma coming back to bite his ass.........cannot forget Bush and company doing a number on Kerry and ruining his reputation in 2004 with the swift boat ads[/div]
I forgot about that.
Kerry is still in politics isnt he?

|