Classy Speech by McCain

Started by P.C., Nov 04 08 08:37

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I have to say, I was a little surprised, but I misted up a little.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Unfortunately I missed a historic moment.  I was outside inflating a tire.

Pssst!...Russ!  How much air would you put in a tire?  44PSI was the maximum rating.  (I put "some" air in.  It's 30-something.  I was too damn lazy to check the other tires and even out the pressures).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Russ

I normally put around 35+ pounds in a tire.
Some tires are 32 pounds max, so I put in 30.

30's fine if you are feelin' lazy.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lil Me

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Moving speech by Obama.  

* I have never been this moved by politics.....am I some kind of traitor ?

Michel

P.C.

Leave me alone.

I'm basking in idealism.

Michel

TehBorken

P.C. wrote:
[div style="font-style: italic;"]Moving speech by Obama.  [/div]  
I agree 100%- I'm filled with some real hope for the first time in decades. Seriously. Obama is a class act, and I think things will get better for everyone.

One thing I noticed....when Obama mentioned McCain in his victory speeach, the crowd cheered with respect for McCain. Contrast that with when McCain mentioned Obama in his speech, and the crowd started booing. What a bunch of classless scum.

The real trouble with reality is that there's no background music.

Sportsdude

Republicans don't have class, they're just not capable of it.
Put an Obama sign up in your yard, they'll call you a n**** lover.
Talk about something greater or hope, you get Joe Plumber.
McCain never had a positive ad during this election.
Modern Conservatism is made up Rush Limbaugh/hate types airheads who rather divide and conquer than unite under a cause.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

I missed it all. I was watching Mean Streets. Old DeNiro movie.

Good for Obama...I think? Why would he want that job?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

I agree 100%- I'm filled with some real hope for the first time in decades. Seriously. Obama is a class act, and I think things will get better for everyone.

One thing I noticed....when Obama mentioned McCain in his victory speeach, the crowd cheered with respect for McCain. Contrast that with when McCain mentioned Obama in his speech, and the crowd started [SPAN style="FONT-STYLE: italic"]booing[/SPAN]. What a bunch of classless scum.

I noticed the booing as well TB....but I think that's where the class comes in.  McCain immediately put his hands up to motion... 'we won't have any of that' .  He also addressed loud and clear his respect for Obama and his recognition of the weight of the event and Obamas accomplishment.  There was just a quiet dignity about him and his plea for his supporters to now become supporters of their new president.  I have to say again....it was a classy speech.

Michel

van_guy

[em][/em]I noticed the booing as well TB....but I think that's where the class comes in.  McCain immediately put his hands up to motion... 'we won't have [strong style="font-style: italic;"]any[/b] of that' .  He also addressed loud and clear his respect for Obama and his recognition of the weight of the event and Obamas accomplishment.  There was just a quiet dignity about him and his plea for his supporters to now become supporters of their new president.  I have to say again....it was a classy speech.

I was equally impressed, by both men.  I have the impression that Obama will work his ass off to get the economy and foreign relations back on track.  He seemed like a man on a mission - no hooting or hollering he was all business. I like Obama in that he will talk to leaders of counties he doesn't like.  Bush would rather shoot first and ask questions later - i like that obama is willing to have a cup of tea and chat before resorting to killing innocent women and children.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness (Mark Twain)

P.C.

Me too Van Guy.

I was overjoyed by Obama's speech, in that.... although this is indeed a monumental time in the USA's history....there was no chest thumping about being THE man who achieved it.  In my eyes, he has far more substance than just charisma.