Larry King

Started by P.C., Nov 03 08 09:14

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

I have a hard time trying to figure out this mans popularity.  He's kinda like the 'Jerry Springer' of the news world.  Is there something I'm not seeing ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

He's old, he's from an age of when national every night call in shows were big and he was the biggest. Then Ted Turner in the 80s said hey do you're show on tv. So he became the first radio on tv show on CNN. So if you've always hated those 'hey I'm watching a radio show on tv' shows, blame Ted Turner and King. lol

Then his tv show part took off when Ross Perot debated Al Gore on NAFTA back in the early years of Clinton's first term. The radio show ceased after that, but they kept the set the same. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

I know the history....that's not really the mysterious part to me.  I don't really have anything against him.  He's just kinda neither here nor there with me.  I was mostly curious if there was something about his popularity that I was missing.

Sportsdude

His ratings are the 55-100 age bracket. Older baby boomers and up.
I dunno sort of like Cross Country Check Up on CBC 1.
I sometimes I think I'm the only person my age who listens to it. lol

Lil Me

P.C. wrote:
Is there something I'm not seeing ?
 --

Let's all be thankful that he wears clothes on tv.
 There are some things that you don't want to see!

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

AAAAAAHHHHH!
 Stop.  You're scaring Elmo.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Yipes.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/a093.gif" border=0]

Michel

Lil Me

P.C.

Oh my !

[FONT size=5]LOL[/FONT] !

Michel

Sportsdude

He's single, he divorced his 1,000th wife recently.

Lise

Lil Me wrote:
Let's all be thankful that he wears clothes on tv.
There are some things that you don't want to see!

Yeeeow. Too right. I don't even want to imagine him in his boxers........

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Lil Me

Lise wrote:
[em][/em]Yeeeow. Too right. I don't even want to imagine him in his boxers........
 --
 Or his tightie whitie briefs.

[/p]