Breast cancer

Started by Michel, Oct 30 08 09:17

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

Truth be known, Michel, I think the province is obsessed with charities.  Don't get me wrong, I'm all for doing whatever I can whenever I can....but all these 'grow a mustache', shave you're head', 'walk here', 'run there', leave me wondering what they really do.  I try to think of actions to take that will directly help in some way....and walking around bald doesn't seem to fill the bill.

I also have to admit, that I am tired of every checkout, in every story asking me to donate a loonie to this that and the other thing.  I now find myself explaining the differences between 'donating' and begging.

Having said that, this is a pretty unobtrusive way of generating funds (although I have no idea how that works).   But if it works...I'm in.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

stretchedout

Where in my previous post was there belittling???  Crazy post, Ah, So, annoymous troll!

Starting about February each year the ads start about the weekend to end breast cancer, and they continue for six months until the walk.  The movement should just be about cancer, not one specific type.  For example, cops for cancer isn't specific.

THERE'S NO NEED TO SEGREGATE CANCERS!

When we watch TV we are trying to escape.  Not bloody likely with these ads on all the time.

I think TV and radio are in big trouble.  How long until commercial free satellite radio becomes mainstream?  And the amount that radio charges for advertising is crazy.  Who's listening to CKNW and NEWS 1130?  Cab drivers and shut ins?

On the issue of charities, enough already.  And WAYNE COX, stop suggesting that buying a lottery ticket is going to help people's financial situation - there's only one winner, and the rest are losers paying into the scheme that makes the one winner, win!

United Way wastes 60% of revenue on admin.  Don't think registered chartities are good.  If you want to be charitable, go feed a homeless person or donate to organizations that help people with disabilities.  But research their financials.        
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

Maybe it was the part about the brainwashed masses ?

Michel

P.C.

stretchedout

Gopher

A fool's paradise is better than none.

P.C.

Michel

[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';"]   [/span]

P.C.

I wonder if multiple clicks per day from the same computer are counted.  It says in 'Step 1'.....click daily.....

Michel

stretchedout

In light of the following data, please make the [A href="http://discoverseattle.net/forums/index.php/topic,6641.0.html"][FONT color=#565656]MOVEMBER - PSA and DRE Awareness[/FONT][/A] thread a sticky thread as has been done with the Breast Cancer thread.  Thank you.

---------------------------------------------------

The following is from the Canadian Cancer Society:

[SPAN]In 200[SPAN]8[/SPAN], an estimated 22,[SPAN]400[/SPAN] women will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 5,300 will die of it.  [/SPAN][SPAN][SPAN][SPAN]One in 9 women is expected to develop breast cancer during her lifetime. One in [SPAN]28[/SPAN] will die of it.[/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN][SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN]

[SPAN][SPAN]In 200[SPAN]8[/SPAN], an estimated [SPAN]24,700[/SPAN] men will be diagnosed with prostate cancer and 4,300 will die of it. [/SPAN][SPAN]One in [SPAN]7[/SPAN] men will develop prostate cancer during his lifetime, mostly after age 60. One in 27 will die of it.[/SPAN][/DIV][/SPAN]

P.C.

Stretch....the Breast Cancer thread was stickied because there is a link in it to acquire hits that are a count towards a form of donation....certainly not because it is any more  tragic than prostate cancer.  I wonder how one would go about getting the same type of thing going for that ?

|