M & M Meatshops

Started by Lise, Oct 09 08 10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Lise

Has anyone ever bought stuff from this place? [A href="http://www.mmmeatshops.com/"]http://www.mmmeatshops.com/[/A]
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

Michel

Russ

Really good and delish.. easy preprepared food.

Just bewarned it is expensive, or more than what you might expect.

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

purelife

Sometimes, they have good sales but I agree with Russ that it's pricey.  I don't shop there that often nowadays.  I don't have a lot of freezer space.

Michel

Russ

LOL, they do have sales, but not enough to make me buy amounts that I need to use my freezer. I instead enjoy stuffing my freezer full of bulk items from costco.. so I can make my own creations.  

purelife

I wish I had a deepfreeze to handle Costco's stuff!

Lil Me

The prices are a bit expensive, but the items are all good.  Most everything is individually wrapped (ie a 4 pack of individually wrapped bacon filet mignon) so it's good for a single person, too.
 It's an alternative to eating out.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I like their cabbage rolls, maple glazed salmon and the individual frozen lunch entrees.  Their key lime pie is yummy too.  

Lise

Hey, good feedback, guys. I'm curious as I keep seeing their flyers but am not sure what their food is like. I guess they are a tad pricey but are they worth it?
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lise wrote:
Hey, good feedback, guys. I'm curious as I keep seeing their flyers but am not sure what their food is like. I guess they are a tad pricey but are they worth it?

Yes. Like LM, and PL say. It IS good.

cabbage rolls are my fav.

stretchedout

All these pre-marinated meat cuts takes the fun out of cooking.  And I've eaten some bad steaks from this chain.  Best to support your local Mum and Pop butcher shop and learn to marinate yourself.  In Burnaby that would be Rocky's on Hastings St (south sid) near Willingdon.  In New West, the Queen's Park butcher on 2nd St and 4th Ave.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

purelife

In New West, the Queen's Park butcher on 2nd St and 4th Ave.

Oh, I've seen that place a few times.  How are the prices?  I seem to miss the opening hours whenever I'm near by. :(

P.C.

Personally I'm not a big fan of M & M stuff.  But I think the point isn't about buying food there as a substitute for home cooking.  I think it's for occasional convenience, when busy lives sometimes interfere with time to cook.....or when you simply don't feel like cooking.

Are you the primary cook in your home stretch ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.