Watches

Started by lalala, Oct 01 08 10:20

Previous topic - Next topic

lalala

I am looking for aother watch specifically in the $300-$400 range.

I want a silver or titanium braclet with a black circle dial and roman numerals or small lines as the digits.  

Which brands would you highly recommend in that price range with the above criteria.

Any help is greatly appreciated.    

Lil Me

Don't ask me.  I've worn the same $40 Timex watch for 10 years.

But I do think that if you're purchasing a bigger ticket item, you might save some money in the US.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I'm not a watch person meaning that I don't own more than one, but I've seen some nice watches at Costco.

P.C.

I am looking for aother watch specifically in the $300-$400 range.

I want a silver or titanium braclet with a black circle dial and roman numerals or small lines as the digits.  

Which brands would you highly recommend in that price range with the above criteria.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Men's or ladie's ?

Why must the watch be 'specifically' in the $300-$400 range ?  A silver or titanium braclet with a black circle dial and roman numerals or small lines as the digits for $73 wouldn't work ?

[A onclick="return amz_js_PopWin(this.href,'AmazonHelp','width=700,height=600,resizable=1,scrollbars=1,toolbar=0,status=1');" href="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0000C9ZBW/sr=1-33/qid=1222897269/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=377110011&s=watches&qid=1222897269&sr=1-33" target=AmazonHelp][img id=prodImage height=280 alt="Skagen Men's Black Titanium Mesh Bracelet Watch #233LTMB" src="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41WcVXkKaNL._SL500_AA280_.jpg" width=280 on-load="if (typeof uet == 'function') ( uet('af'); )" border=0][/A][/DIV]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Marik

Best thing to do is go to the mall and check it out yourself.
See which designs catch your eye, and jot down notes about the manufacturer so you can go back home and do a little research on the internet. $300-400 is a lot of money to spend, and you don't want some watch that craps out in a year.
And when it comes time to buy, remember to barter! (that's the fun part!)  

lalala

PC, I would need a ladies watch.  Specifically in the $300-$400 range would work best because that's the most I could afford or if I'm planning on getting it for Christmas that's probably the most that they could afford.  If I can find something cheaper but still nice I will buy it.  I bought a cheaper swiss army watch ($200) and it only lasted 2 years before I had to get it fixed.  The last 2 years it's died every January/February.  I'm hesitant going cheap again.

Thanks for the info Marik.  I will keep that in mind when I go research and buy the watch.

This is the one I like the most so far: [A href="http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/w436_ss_a0_front?$maintest$"]http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/w436_ss_a0_front?$maintest$[/A]

What do you honestly think?  Think I could do better?  

Marik

mm the thing about that watch you chose is it's not exactly a watch manufacturer. If I could, I would try to stick with known manufacturers...  seiko / tissot / rolex (lol)
 I like movado watches (the kind with the minimalist design)... but they are out of my price range :(

P.C.

I was just thinking, that more expensive doesn't always necessarily mean better quality, nor does it mean it's going to last any longer.  (as in the case of Lil Me's $40 Timex.)  Just think...if a $400 watch gives you 10 years, you could get a NEW $80 watch every two years for the next 10 years.

stretchedout

I stopped wearing a watch in my teens.  With all of the clocks everywhere and on your cell phone, why wear some metal on your wrist which just ends up getting stinky?  And it gets caught on things.  While were at it, do you know how many men loose fingers due to wearing wedding rings?  Fingers get pulled right off all of the time.  Men always look cheesey with jewlery and women can make better accessory choices than watches.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

P.C.

I don't wear a watch either, stretch.....for mostly the same reasons, but also because for the most part, I don't care what time it is.  And when I do need to care, the time is displayed on the stove, on the microwave, in my car, on the tv, on the radio........all over the place.  

stretchedout

Yeah, they are just silly status symbols now (except for the older folk who don't trust digital clocks!).  The not so rich are always trying to look rich these days.  The actual rich are smart enough not to flaunt wealth.  Who wants to be targetted for a mugging, home invasion or hostage taking?  Best to look middle-class and blend in out there!  
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

purelife

I own this Timex watch... only about 45 bucks and it lasts me for a LONG time.  I like the date and light feature...

[img style="WIDTH: 224px; HEIGHT: 198px" height=198 src="http://di1.shopping.com/images/pi/1b/62/66/43664085-177x150-0-0.jpg" width=198]

ADD:  I'm usually forgetful about what day it is so this has helped lots. :)  

P.C.

I eat when I'm hungry, I sleep when I'm tired, I work when I need to work and I play when I'm ready to play.  Fortunatley, none of these things require a watch.

purelife

LOL..that's true. :)

I usually use it because I have to catch that bus or skytrain...it seems that I've been running for busses/skytrains almost all my life. :P

purelife

Speaking of time/watches, did anyone learn to read time by shadow from sun?