Your Ideas- Dec 24 and 25

Started by Lil Me, Sep 27 08 02:25

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Russ, I have this giant cement wheel, with an axel in it.  It's from my old potters wheel.  It's quiet useless.....but.....well....from one packrat to another....doesn't that make it rather attractive ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Thanks for all your ideas!  Here's my plan so far...subject to revision.

Dec 24-skiing followed by Xmas Eve at church and something casual with friends.

Dec 25- Heckyl and Jeckyl open presents from Santa, breakfast at home, walk along the river, visits with relatives, dinner out with extended family (noone cooks a turkey this year).

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

That sounds like a good plan, Lil Me.    

Lil Me

If truth be known, I started formulating a holiday plan because there are certain things that I DON'T want to be doing.

I'd rather plan what I DO want to do ahead of time, so I can notify my relatives.  I don't want anyone to assume that we're going to continue doing the same thing as past years, and them have them pissed at me because their assumptions were wrong.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Good unreverse planning Lil Me....errr....reverse unplanning.  lol

That to me sounds like a fabulous plan.  I think if everybody concentrated on doing what they enjoyed, instead of what they think they should do....or what everyone else wants them to do, 'holiday stress' would be wiped out.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Marik

Oh! I forgot to mention... Dec 25th (well.. 26th really) at about 2:00 AM I line up at Future Shop to get great deals! Might even go a little earlier this year.

Lil Me

One of my cousins does that, Marik.  I personally think he's a bit of a nutter, because he rarely buys anything on Boxing Day...it's a social thing he's been doing with his friends for years.  They set up their chairs and food/drinks in the mall parking lot as soon as turkey dinner is finished.  Male bonding.  

Marik

lol yup Lil Me it is good fun! Last year a few people even had tents!

Although your cousin waking up that early to not really buy anything kind of sounds like a waste...

purelife

I heard that you can still get the Boxing day sales at Future Shop online.

Marik

I had a friend who tried buying a digital camera online but it sold out before he could actually even purchase it... I guess you have to be really fast on the computer.
Besides, it's more fun making a mad dash to your items when the doors open!

Lil Me

Will be taking my Beaver kids to a Seniors' home in early Dec.  We've done this before- with songs, a shared craft and snack...but thanks to P.C.'s ideas we will make cards and gifts to distribute this year.  

Michel

purelife

I remember when I was in Elementary school, the most coolest part about Christmas was to join the choir and head over to 97 Kiss FM and sing live on air.  Then, a selected few would go sing at the Old Folks home.  I always looked forward to it.    

|