Romance in the Work Place

Started by Lise, Sep 24 08 06:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think it's OK to be romantically involve with your co-worker?

Yes
4 (44.4%)
No
3 (33.3%)
Undecided
2 (22.2%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Lil Me

Fortunately I work in an office of 1, so no weird romance going on here.

Unfortunately the ownership of my business has turned into Melrose Place.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

I work by myself, but I do flirt in the mirror sometimes.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Lise

I voted for 'yes' because I think romance is in short supply these days. I mean, if you like that someone (as long as you're not married or whatever) then you should go for it. Tho... I wouldn't go out with ANYONE in my workplace for all the money in the world.

Gorgeous dental students but alas, they're so young - it'd be like taking candy from a baby.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

purelife

I voted no.

If the relationship failed, I think there would be too much awkwardness.  I've seen two instances.  One of them ends up leaving the company.

I don't think I would ever consider the possibility.  Work is work.  It's especially hard when the two of you work in the same dept, on the same floor and you see each other all the time.  I prefer to have my space.

This is off topic but I would also add that I couldn't work at the same company as my partner.  ie.  Husband and wife works at the same company or same home business...together.  

Van

Lise wrote:
  Gorgeous dental students but alas, they're so young - it'd be like taking candy from a baby. [/DIV]
 wow! That is some great confidence. You must be pretty hot!? Pics?

To think young college students would be interested in an older married lady and it would be like taking candy from a baby??
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

I've met Lise and I can say that she's hawt and beautiful.  For real. :)

Lil Me

I agree with purelife.
 To picture Lise...think of Lara Croft from Tomb Raider...maybe a bit shorter...with Iron Chef skills....and beautiful white teeth :)

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Lil Me

If you are going to have an office romance...make it worthwhile.
 Don't ge involved with a geek from Accounting or IT.  lol

Van

yeah yeah, lol, I am sure she is.

I am all for people hooking up at a workplace too. Not romance, but lust. As long as they keep it to themselves and there are no emotional attachments. If they keep it to themselves, who is anyone to judge?

lol, guess it is not that simple all the time.    

Sportsdude

I don't see the problem. All you have to do is separate work from life. Politicians do it, no matter who they vehemently disagree with someone in their work setting, they all can have a beer and hang out with the person on 'the other side' on the weekend. People have a tendency to make things personal, that's why I don't think the general opinion is that this is a bad idea. So if it was in an office building and I was dating a co-worker she should know that if I disagree with her on an issue or she disagrees with me on an issue, it's not personal and doesn't change my opinion of the person.

Perfect example is James Carville who is a democratic advisor who is married to Mary Matalin who is a republican advisor. They literally work against each other and debate each other on tv. Yet they've been married for 15 years . lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

purelife

Just do this Michel:

Sportsdude wrote:
I don't see the problem. All you have to do is separate work from life. [STRIKE]Politicians do it, no matter who they vehemently disagree with someone in their work setting, they all can have a beer and hang out with the person on 'the other side' on the weekend. People have a tendency to make things personal, that's why I don't think the general opinion is that this is a bad idea. [/STRIKE]So if it was in an office building and I was dating a co-worker she should know that if I disagree with her on an issue or she disagrees with me on an issue, it's not personal and doesn't change my opinion of the person.

[STRIKE]Perfect example is James Carville who is a democratic advisor who is married to Mary Matalin who is a republican advisor. They literally work against each other and debate each other on tv. Yet they've been married for 15 years . lol
[/STRIKE]  

Sportsdude

haha it was the first example that came to my mind.
Picked the most polarizing work place scenario. hahaha

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

Easier said than done sports.  That might work in LaLa land. Real world, not so easy.    

|