White Rabbit Candy Alert

Started by Lil Me, Sep 25 08 12:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Lil Me

[div class="articleCopy"]VANCOUVER (NEWS1130) - Melamine has been found in White Rabbit Creamy Candies sold in Singapore and Hong Kong, prompting stores in Vancouver's Chinatown to pull the product as a precaution.[/p] The chemical has been found in high levels in some Chinese milk products, like baby formula, which has sickened thousands of Chinese children.[/p] The Vancouver Province spoke to the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, which says it has no evidence the candy in Canada is tainted.
 Source:
 [a href="http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20080925_074304_11960"]http://www.news1130.com/news/local/article.jsp?content=20080925_074304_11960[/a]
 [/p]--

I'm not surprised.  These horrible candies taste like plastic, anyways!
 When I was a kid, I used to eat the rice paper off the outside and throw away the candy.

[/div]  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Van

Never heard of this kind of candy? Is it popular?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Michel

Sportsdude

It's popular in some circles, had a bunch last year. I looked like an idiot though, I started taking off the rice paper, until somebody said "SD!!! lol you're suppose to eat that silly". lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

I used to eat it when I was a kid...haven't had it for years and years.

Marik

noooooo!! I liked that stuff!! the paper was the best part!  

Lise

Oh wow! No really? I haven't eaten that stuff in ages but now I'm not gonna. Right now I've got to be leery of anything that comes from China. Sheesh.

Thanks for the warning!
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Van

Yes, I am trying to avoid anything that comes from China too.

A friend bought a jacket from Roots, good ol Canadian Roots...jacket made in China??
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

L I S E

I shudder to think about condoms made in China......

Michel

Michel