Past Jobs

Started by purelife, Sep 18 08 02:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Russ

Van.. you weld?
Metal or aluminum?

anyhow. i cant sit up straight and im eating some burger queer.
see you all tomorrow. if it makes everyone happier i left my tahoe somewhere and caught a cab home.. not worth the effort or problems.
gnight.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Russ

Russ wrote:
Van.. you weld?
Metal or aluminum?

anyhow. i cant sit up straight and im eating some burger queer.
see you all tomorrow. if it makes everyone happier i left my tahoe somewhere and caught a cab home.. not worth the effort or problems.
gnight.

This made sence last night. Morning!

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

LOL....and it still makes sense Russ.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

49er

While in college I held a full time menial job after classes in the evenning at a nearby hospital.....At times, I've been kitchen help dishing platters and pushing the food carts up to the wards;  I've been been an oncall janitor......cleaning shit and food off walls in isolation cells in the psychiatric wards, cleaning blood and body parts in emergency and surgery rooms.......I get to see surgeries, births, abortions (D&Cs), etc

It was a great job because I get to study and got paid while I waited to be called, plus a big percentage of the hospital staff in the swing shift were students like me.  

P.C.

Are you a doctor 49er ?

49er

P.C. wrote:
Are you a doctor 49er ?[/DIV]
 Ha!  I'm an engineer

P.C.

Well, it was a good guess.  

.....or are you just saying that so you won't get called on for free medical advice.

49er

P.C. wrote:
Well, it was a good guess.  

.....or are you just saying that so you won't get called on for free medical advice. [/DIV]
 Oh...I will still give out free medical advice, but it will require a physical exam first

P.C.

[FONT size=4]LOL. [/FONT]  Perhaps I'll stick to asking you for your DIY expertise.  

Lil Me

49er wrote:
At times, I've been kitchen help dishing platters and pushing the food carts up to the wards
 --
 I've heard about you guys....
 Is it true that if a patient is not in the room (got sent home or died) the staff eats their dinner?
 [/div][div]

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

49er

Lil Me wrote:
--
I've heard about you guys....
Is it true that if a patient is not in the room (got sent home or died) the staff eats their dinner?

As I said most of us were students (staving).........and later in the evennings snacks were served....custards, fruits, fresh juices, etc

Lil Me

...so you stole the custard from the dead guy :)  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Marik

telemarketer (lasted for 3 days, that place was a scam... but I still got paid)
line cook (damn that job was stressful)
translator
thief (haha)

Lil Me

Hi Marik!  Haven't seen you for ages.
 Still busy busy with work and school?

Marik

hey lil me

even less time these days... I get to sleep on the bus / skytrain for an hour and a half every morning to get to UBC. It sucks.
work is same old (reffing soccer games)

how about you?

|