Low Flow Showers

Started by P.C., Sep 11 08 07:57

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Does anybody else find that it takes 4 times as long to shower with these things ?  Jeeeebus.  They were in every hotel we stayed in.  You have to run around to get wet and it takes forever to rinse the shampoo....and then conditioner out.  Are they really saving water ????
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

low flow? Hmm is when there's barely any water pressure?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

P.C.

Me too Michel.  I'm sure they have to be using more water.  I should have put the plug in the drain to see how much it filled the tub.  Mind you, we have a shower stall, so I guess it wouldn't have proved much.

Lil Me

I think you were probably also experiencing the "hard" water, P.C.  It's more difficult to rinse suds off.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I know what you mean, PC.  My old apt was low flow...took forever to rinse hair, etc.  And on the other hand, my parent's place is a high flow with blasting water that is so powerful that it hurts your skin!   My showers in there are fast, almost military like.  

Michel

Michel

purelife

[font size="1"]only as seen on tv...[/font]

P.C.

That's true Lil Me.  But I find it wimpy even without the rinse issue.  It's more like a steady drool.  Not invigorating at all.

Sportsdude

thick hair P.C.?

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Tell Mr. Sawdust to stop flushing.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

I agree low flow showers are crap.. they frustrate me into staying in the shower longer which Im sure uses more water.. but to be honest once you get used to them, you are supposed to use less water.

Sounds like the lower water usage crappers, you have to flush twice to get a good one down.

I do agree about teh Hard Water mention.. I hate hard water.
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Lise

Russ, you're a man's man. You'd stand in the rain and call it a shower.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

Lise wrote:
 Russ, you're a man's man. You'd stand in the rain and call it a shower.

[/DIV]
   LOLL!

FAwesome.. I like that picture!

Does this count? I use this sometimes when Im camping.. they work really well for a bunch of plastic

[A href="http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000P19RVW?searsBrand=core"]http://www.sears.ca/gp/product/B000P19RVW?searsBrand=core[/A]

And Im sure you could shower in the rain.. in africa during monsoon season.. :):)
Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims