Does Stephen Harper wear a toupee?

Started by Lil Me, Sep 11 08 08:53

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Funny stuff.  I understood most of that.
 Heckyl thought it was hilarious.  He needed to explain the expression "ceux-ci" to me.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

22 days until the election.
 My NDP candidate has no bio posted on the NDP website.  Nice photo of her, though.
 There is no Green Party candidate nominated yet.
 Liberal Party candidate has a bio, but noone has ever heard of him before.
 My prediction: we're sending the same overstuffed teddy bear back to Ottawa.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

What would happen if they threw an election, and nobody came  ?  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

P.C.

I almost caused a situation, where the whole voting process would have to have been done again.  ALL the vote tallies were lost.  It was the first run of a new program that was used in the returning office, and there was some BAD direction in the manual for sending the data in.  And I mean REALLY bad instructions.  One click, and it was gone.  It was me.  

The funny thing about this manual, was there was a whole page with circles and arrows, showing where the right and left click buttons were on the mouse....an arrow and description of the cord....it was hilarious.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

The overstuffed teddy bear would keep his seat regardless. He'll never lose, vote splitting between NDP and Liberal voters. As long as he stays in the 35-40% of the vote range, he doesn't have to worry.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Russ

While I dont agree completely with any of the candidates platforms.. to me the best leader, the one that displays the most leadership, and the one that closest shares my ideals is Harper and the Conservatives.

I know not everyone agrees.. but hey, we all have our own opinions.. :)

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

Sportsdude

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Make a Choice

Culture in Danger (Culture en Péril, with subtitles)

The link doesn't work, says it's no longer available.

I think part of the problem is that we look to governemnts to be everything to all people in all segments of society, and that's just wrong. Quebec has a unique and distinct culture that we should embrace and ecourage, within Canada, but to have the government as the arbiter (and financial supporter) of what they define as 'Canadian Culture is just wrong on a several levels .

1) Majority Governments.  Culture will vary depending on the party. They will decide what our culture is, and alienate at least half the population who don't agree.

2) Minority Governments. Trade political votes for other parties votes, "culture" loses.

Governments job is to provide Leadeship, Security, Education and Economic policy for the Country, and if we look to them for guide anything else we have already given them the right to decide who we are.  

Lil Me

Poor NDP losing all their candidates.

I can't see why smoking pot is newsworthy, let alone scandal.  Especially for the NDP.  I'd be surprised if their candidates  *didn't* smoke up.

I lol'd when I read this morning about Julian West taking his clothes off (yuck!!!!...have you SEEN the man?) as he's a friend of a friend of a friend.  I have never met him personally.

Van

Crazy hey? That is ok, the NDP give weed a bad name! Ha!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

|