Does Stephen Harper wear a toupee?

Started by Lil Me, Sep 11 08 08:53

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

This is a public figure. [FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]You [/FONT]choose decent people for those kind of job.[FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"] If this is your best [/FONT][FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffff00"]choice, you're as disgusting as him[/FONT].

Sorry Michel....that one was a little easy to misread.  

I agree Van.  Which is also lends itself to the point I'M so poorly trying to make.  Again....back to the media.....I'm certain we don't hear an unbiased account of anything. (or everything)

Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

and most of the Harris government people are prominent people in the Harper cabinet.. Flaherty (finance), Clement (health), Baird (environment).

All 3 of them are combative types. I don't think I've ever seen Flaherty say something nice in the House of Commons.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Sportsdude

Liberals aren't in power. If the party that is in power's first reaction is to say "well the (enter a previous government) did this..." Then they don't deserve to be running the country, the Tories aren't in opposition, yet they still act like they do. (karl rove republican style way of doing politics, slash and burn, polarize, it works marvellously until you get a huge giant backlash)  

P.C.

I'm pretty sure we are no longer talking about the same thing.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

I can't believe there is still almost a month of this campaigning garbage too.  Sucky!

Who do you vote for when you hate them all equally?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

if you hate the leaders, vote on your views of your mp's view on local issues and ignore the overall party nonsense. politics is local.

omg, i'm promoting the idea of one issue voting. haha

Everybody keeps telling me I could vote. I don't think you have to be a Canadian citizen to vote, I've heard this from a number of people. lol

I'd vote for the proportional representation now or bust! party, but I don't think electoral reform is that high up on people's mind.

Van

Sportsdude wrote:

Everybody keeps telling me I could vote. I don't think you have to be a Canadian citizen to vote, I've heard this from a number of people. lol
  You better look into that.

believe me, I know well enough who I am voting for. I just get sick at the thought of it. The lesser of the sh*theadedness.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Yeah the law is Canadian citizen, but apparently Elections Canada doesn't have stringent rules or they don't really follow up on who is Canadian or not or something. They just go house to house? (again its what people have told me, I'm not used to this concept)

oh well, I wouldn't vote anyway, I rather see a Canadian my age vote for the first time then myself.

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
Yeah the law is Canadian citizen, but apparently Elections Canada doesn't have stringent rules or they don't really follow up on who is Canadian or not or something. They just go house to house? (again its what people have told me, I'm not used to this concept)

I bet you could if you wanted to.  It wouldn't be too surprising.

Sportsdude

If I did, I'd vote vocal and provincial, I don't really care for my federal riding, there's nobody to hate on and the candidates are boring and I'd end up voting strategically. They're all rather lame. That's why I say proportional representation for everyone! none of this I'm going to vote for this person so this person doesn't win, even though I want to vote for this person or this person.

I find West Coast municipal politics to be the craziest/greatest stuff ever. Doesn't matter where on the west coast. I mean in Nanaimo we would always make fun of the mayor, then he'd threaten the maker of 'Koruption' bumper stickers with a lawsuit. hilarious, never dull. Then angry old people would write letters into the newspaper talking about how the young kids don't understand tyranny of the majority and how a bumper sticker was an insult. what? you've got to be kidding, we don't live in a mob rule society. lol

greatest laughs are always in the back of the newspaper in the letter's to the editor.

Michel

Sportsdude

don't worry. lol
Just looking at the requirements to register, option 1 and option 3 and potentially option 2 you don't have to give out citizenship i.d.'s

Michel

|