Midlife Crisis Advice

Started by Lil Me, Sep 06 08 10:54

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Michel

P.C.

OK.....I'm unresigning.

It says.....it is a term used to describe 'a period of time'.  Not all societies, not a group of people....not a majority, or even a general population or percentage.  It's a name for a period of time that some people experience.  It doesn't suggest that everyone suffers it or that it is an occurance to be expected by all.

Not unlike the 'empty nest syndrome'.  Some people go through long bouts of depression, feeling that their importance in life is over, while others have their kids rooms turned into a pool room, just so they can have a table to dance on, before their clothes are even packed.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

If its a 'period of time' couldn't it happen at any age? I mean not everyone's parents die at old age and not everyone's kids leave between 40-50. With people having kids now between 40-45 we're talking 60-65 in terms of 'empty nesting' right? I just don't think a mid life crisis has to happen at someones 'mid life'.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Michel

Van

Funny PC, when I was 18 and left home my dad had the locks changed and my room turned into a home gym before I got to the sidewalk!

(ok exagerating), but they never begged me to stay home either.
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

lol Van.   Your dad was a well adjusted parent.  [img style="CURSOR: pointer" onclick=url(this.src); src="http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/more/bigs/c033.gif" border=0]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

purelife

LOL Van.

My dad's gonna put a pool table. :)

Sportsdude

My room is a library, but they kept up the flags, the 50 or so political pictures on the wall, because in their words "It's SD's room, it would just look weird if all those europeans and the flags weren't up." lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

|