Started by Lil Me, Sep 06 08 10:54

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Lil Me

Have any of you had a midlife crisis?..
 Burnout from work?
 Problems with personal relationships?
 Addictions?
 Confronting with your demons from the past?
 Wondering who you are and what you want in life?
 --

Just wondering.
 It seems to be all around me....my neighbourhood is turning into Melrose Place.  Is this everywhere, or am I the only person living in the Suburb of Crazyville?

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

I think I'm the worst in giving out advice about midlife crisis.  I don't even act on my own advice.  

GORDY GAMBINO

GUILTY ON  ALL 6 CHARGES

WE ALL THINK THAT WAY WHEN WE HIT THE BIG 40

WHEN IT GETS ALL TOO MUCH I REMEMBER OUR FRIEND ALCOHOL...THE CAUSE AND THE ANSWER TO ALL OF LIFES PROBLEMS
CAPO DI TUTTI CAPPI

Lil Me

lol Gordy.
 Trying to stay sane while everyone around me is going loony.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Sportsdude

Live life, take pleasure in the little things, go for long walks of contemplation of what you are doing in this world, meditate, watch sunsets, take notice of things around you (buildings, why they were put where they are, look at the street city layouts and imagine what you'd put there instead etc), walk a busy street (Robson or Davie are good ones) and just listen to the noises the people. Go to a park and stare at a pond while sitting on a bench.

just throwing out ideas. lol
This is Vancouver, there's thousands of oddities around where you could lose yourself for a bit to get away.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Not yet. It doesn't mean that it will hit me from time to time. I like to think that life is full of challenges, how you approach it depends on your attitude. Read the book by [A href="http://www.miguelruiz.com/"]Don Miguel Ruiz[/A]. It's just amazing.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Russ

No, it seems to be all around me as well.

Im also with Gordy on this one..

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

P.C.

First of all, I think people in their 30's who are having mid life crisis, have low expectations.  I understand the problems....I just  don't think I would associate them with mid-life. (unless you only expect to live to 60)

At 30(ish), I would call them growing pains.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Michel

stretchedout

Michel wrote:
I have no idea what is midlife crisis. Looks like an anglo saxon popular psychology concept to me.

No need to pick on the Brits, Frenchie - it is a western concept.
C'mon, the city is sleeping!

Michel

Sportsdude

I'm not 40, I'm in crisis, let's remain this thread the crisis thread. lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Van

I never understood midlife crisis either.

I consider it a crisis in my house when I run out of salsa, chips and Corona.    
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Lil Me

lol Van.
 It's not something you plan...I'm told.
 It's happening to about a dozen people around me (average age- early 40s)

Russ

Van wrote:
 I never understood midlife crisis either.

I consider it a crisis in my house when I run out of salsa, chips and Corona.    Im not sure if in this case.. great minds think alike? Or is it that idiots seldom differ?

Mercy to the Guilty is Torture to the Victims

|