What did you buy recently?

Started by Lise, Sep 02 08 05:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Michel

Lise

I thought you men were born with the ability to shave in the dark.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Lil Me

TOO MUCH INFORMATION!!!!!

Spent $210 (ouch!) at SportMart on kids' shoes, but that's not too bad considering it was BuyOneGetOne50%  and we walked out with 2 pr Nike basketball high tops, 2 pr skateboard shoes and 1 pr Nike gym shoes.

I'd rather spend a bit more and buy brand name sports shoes....the WalMart specials can't get a kid through one semester before they are kaput.  And mid-week shoe blowouts are a pain in the @$$, when we need to take an emergency shopping trip and can't find the right sizes...and we need shoes for the next day.

The brand name shoes last an entire year...basically at least until the kid outgrows the shoe.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

Lil Me

I've heard that you can get a good shave from a professional, instead of doing it yourself all the time.  
"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

Michel

purelife

last purchase - Wii Fit

Organic McDuff

I bought a new John Deere loader tractor.  

Lise

My hubby prefers me not to come close to him with a razor. Actually, come to think about it, I rather not be anywhere in the dark with a razor and a naked man. *cough*

Oooooh, Wii Fit!!!! Does it work, purelife? I tried the Wii but the graphics are such a let-down. After the XBox 360, there's just no comparison. Got bored after awhile.

OK, back to the thread. I just bought my friend a bouqet of flowers because she came to work in tears. I hate to see ppl crying.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

Michel

purelife

Lise wrote:
Oooooh, Wii Fit!!!! Does it work, purelife? I tried the Wii but the graphics are such a let-down. After the XBox 360, there's just no comparison. Got bored after awhile.

Tried it for the first time tonight.  I was sweating.  End of story. :)

Ok, recent purchases...

tonight, we were at Ikea.  We purchased the hajdebe(sp?) bookcase that's on sale for $79, a couple of wooden mag holders, wire baskets for under shelf, a wooden box, a glass top for my dresser.... yep, Mr PL is FINALLY organizing his spare room.

Lise

Ooooooh! I have to come and visit your place soon, purelife! Sounds like the place is shaping up.

Ah, thanks Michel. I try to be nice at work. I hate the politics there but I know ppl do have feelings even if they're not the nicest.

Yesterday I bought four tissue boxes from Shoppers. *sigh*
Bill Cosby.

Michel

Teh Lise

Michel, I'm holding your hand and looking you straight in the eyes and asking you in big bold letters, [FONT size=6]"HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHAT THE HECK IS SHOPPERS???????"[/FONT]

You yank. Ahahaha.

Shoppers Drug Mart.

|