Daiso

Started by P.C., Aug 26 08 07:25

Previous topic - Next topic

P.C.

Anyone has been here ?

I stumbled across in while surfing, and it looks fabulous.  I really liked all the little goodies for bento boxes.  I have a fabulous old vintage bento box that is one of my favourite things, but I have never seen so many accessories for them.

I'd like to have a look on our way through town.

Also, can someone refresh my memory as to where the Canada Cost Club was located ?
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Lil Me

Yes!  It's a great place. You must go.

I tend to stay away from Daiso....because it's soooo easy to spend $50 on plastic crap I don't need.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

purelife

Price club: [A href="http://www.wholesaleclub.ca/store_finder.asp"][FONT color=#000000]http://www.wholesaleclub.ca/store_finder.asp[/FONT][/A]  on Kingsway.  I saw those baggies you were talking about there PC.  

Daiso is HUGE!  I, too pick up way too many plastic crap.  MrPL picks up even more plastic crap.  He brought a gazillian of those plastic cases to store DVD's.  They're all over our place!!!!!!  [FONT size=1](luckily in storage!)[/FONT]

You'll have fun there PC.  Allot a few hours. ;)  

P.C.

I don't need any more crap at ALL, regardless of what it's made of....but I mean....a person HAS to have teeny tiny soy and mayo containers and egg shapers.  Don't they ?  Who gets by without these things.  

I don't think I'll be able to persuade Mr. Sawdust to allot 'a couple of hours'....I think he is aware that I can do damage in 15 minutes.....especially in a place like that.  I'm pleased enough he has it on the itinerary at all.

Thanks for the info.....it's ON the list of things to check out.  

Van

I thought you were talking Daisy Duck, but spelled wrong...
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

purelife

The neat thing about that mall when you head there PC is the water feature.  There's a water feature display every so often...not sure if it's on the half hour or hour?  If you're there on time, it's something worth watching and hearing the music in the meantime.  

It's not super spectacular but I found it amazing. :)

Lil Me

There's also a similar store to Daiso (but smaller) in the bottom of the Tinseltown mall.  Everything is $1-$3.

"In the absence of clearly-defined goals, we become strangely loyal to performing daily trivia until ultimately we become enslaved by it."  Robert Heinlein

P.C.

Three questions.  Is the water feature IN Daiso ?  Or is it in a nearby mall....or is Daiso IN the mall ?

Ok....four questions.  Where is the Tinseltown Mall ?

purelife

Daiso is in that new Richmond Mall, Aberdeen on No. 3 Road.  The water feature is in the mall and Daiso occupies (I think) 2 floors.  HUGE!  

Tinseltown is close to Stadium Skytrain station at 88 West Pender, part of Chinatown.  

Have fun!  

P.C.

Yes.....I understand the Richmond Daiso is identical to the Daiso in Japan in interior design, products and displays.  Ya see ?  This is how [FONT size=5]I[/FONT] see the world....and my feet never have to leave the ground.  

Sportsdude

looks like a neat place to go, is it cheap?  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lil Me

Everything in Daiso is $2.

It's worth a trip, SD....when you're getting set up in your place at UBC.  Daiso is a student paradise.

Sportsdude

Oh food the location and hours. Looks like a place I need to go to. Next weekend probably.

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

Lise

Oh be warned, PC! You will end up with so much stupid junk you wouldn't know what to do with them. Seriously. You go there and think, 'oh wow, I can use this' and then $100 later, you'll end up with 'why did I buy them? I don't know what to do with them!' mentality.

I agree. I like the Richmond one better because there's a lot more variety.

There's a Daiso in Bellingham Mall, Seattle. It's such a rip-off. Nothing there is cheap... I mean for a $2 store.
Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry.
Bill Cosby.

P.C.

Thanks for the warning Lise.  I think I'll be ok.  I have a focus on a few specific items....so it won't be a browsing impulse kind of thing. (I think.....lol)