Fakery at the Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony

Started by Lise @ Work, Aug 12 08 07:24

Previous topic - Next topic
|

Van

Yeah, true. There won't be much in between the two will there?
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

P.C.

Well I'm going to BE there.....handing out THESE for ALL !  

[img style="WIDTH: 370px; HEIGHT: 334px" height=545 src="http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/20125.jpg" width=545]
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Van

I would go if I get groovy glasses like those!
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

Sportsdude

Olympics are all about infrastructure and or fixing it. In '04 the Prime Minister and media was talking about how Greece 'modernized' itself. Atlanta put itself on the world map, Sydney did the same, London is using their olympics to 'transform' the East End. Russia's Olympic slogan might as well be "We're back bitches, booya!". lol

Vancouver's legacy will be world recognition, the building boom we saw leading up to the olympics, sea to sky, canada line, and maybe a future street car system (they're going to have a prototype running around, last time they did that was in Expo with the skytrain).

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

purelife

P.C.

Michel wrote (in another thread):  3 front pages today the province, national post and globe and mail (so far for the one I have seen) denounced the fakery of the ceremonies. Sore losers in action. Lots of distorded articles too about Russia and Georgia. It smell war.

I see the Vancouver Sun wasn't one of them.

That fool Cam Cole has the journalistic integrity of a National Enquirer hack.  I'm disappointed to see him persist with his garbage for yet another day.....and for it to once again be okayed by the editors.

He refers to people who objected to his report as 'China defenders'.  What the ?  Aren't they just people who objected to his ill-informed article ?  Are journalists no longer interested in the accuracy of their reports?  He's going on and on about the unethical behaviour of others,  when in fact what he is doing is so far beyond unethical....(regardless of the fact that it has been brought to his attention that his report was incorrect)  grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Pardon my rant.....I'm fuming.

[A href="http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=85690542-fcd2-49e7-8b71-a30c80f5a939&p=2"]http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/story.html?id=85690542-fcd2-49e7-8b71-a30c80f5a939&p=2[/A][/DIV]

Sportsdude

Well he works for CanWest, not the greatest media chain.  

P.C.

I'm not sure what difference that makes.  My point is, he's still writing crap and the Vancouver Sun is printing it.  

Sportsdude

Maybe they want him to write crap. Newspapers love writers who are shit disturbers, they sell papers.  

49er

BREAKING NEWS.......those little children representing all the ethnic groups in China were Han chinese and not from the ethnic group each was dressed in  

Sportsdude

P.C.

You're joking, right ? Ummm....that's what 'representing' IS.   They didn't say these are 56 children from each of the 56 ethnic groups.  They said.....56 children wearing the costumes representing the 56 ethnic groups.

|