Fakery at the Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony

Started by Lise @ Work, Aug 12 08 07:24

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

.....36,  36,  36....

Ahh no.....no bells.
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sawdust

Compare winter to winter and summer to summer  
The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese.

P.C.

Again.....it was quoted on the same airing......'It will be a long time, if ever, that anyone will ever top or match this performance'.  

Sportsdude

Yeah but 1936 wasn't a big laser show.
The big thing about Atlanta was Ali coming out of nowhere, that was the 'special effects'
Barcelona an archer shot at the torch. Which I thought was the coolest thing ever.  
"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Sportsdude

Oh please, lol. If you saw me right now I can't keep a straight face. hehe lol

This is more like it:

[img style="width: 308px; height: 326px;" src="http://bildbevis.se/images/20060112000555_overflow.jpg"]

Sportsdude

LOL
Who was watching? lol
I don't know if it's true but I heard somewhere that the first over the air satelite signal was a Hitler speech. So, technically the aliens will first hear Adolf if they get the wave out in space. That's what they said in that movie Contact, don't know if its true.

(in earth science class we'd chide the teacher about Dante's Peak being scientific. She'd laugh and say its hollywood, talked to a volcanogist and he said, we were right, so we watched the film. ha!)

Sportsdude

LOL

oh dear.... I didn't see that one. lol

Sportsdude

BBC journalist's blog:
[a href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/jamesreynolds/2008/08/not_quite_what_we_thought.html"]http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/thereporters/jamesreynolds/2008/08/not_quite_what_we_thought.html[/a]

P.C.

Amazing how fast the masses will jump on the negativity bandwagon, regardless of the facts.  It has the icky air of a linching.

Van

Sportsdude wrote:
I'm pessimistic/worried we're the Olympics right after Beijing which has set the new standard for everything. It's the first Olympic ceremony to be done completely inside. I'm just worrying too much about it being bad, because it doesn't sound all that exciting at the moment. Then again, I remember Batman fan boys complaining that Heath Ledger's Joker was going to be horrible. lol

haha. Heath Ledger....I haven't seen that movie yet.

I never knew people were actually worried about things like this, with the way the world is deteriorating at the rate it is? If it is the crappiest ceremony in the universe, at the end of the day, Vancouver will still be Vancouver. If people judge Vancouver by the ceremonies, then they can get a life. I know I could care less either way.  I just hope our snowboarders can even keep up with everyone else.

You know, our overcrowded roach infested hospitals, crumbling schools, drug problems, and exploding homelessness issue will still be there before and after the olympics. Heaven forbid Vancouver has a crappy opening ceremony! GASP!

How many countries actually care about the Winter Olympics anyways?  
When the End comes, don't worry if your party shoes are clean or not. Just make sure you have them on!

|