Fakery at the Beijing Olympic Opening Ceremony

Started by Lise @ Work, Aug 12 08 07:24

Previous topic - Next topic
|

P.C.

CBC isn't that big on the totem pole to NBC, because I remember then saying that it wasn't fake.

That quote was from Bob Costas from NBC.  
Sir Isaac Newton invented the swinging door....for the convenience of his cat.

Sportsdude

Hmm I have bad hearing I guess, wait that's the night springfield had the 1L mug of beer for 3 bucks at this mexican place.... lol

"We can't stop here. This is bat country."

P.C.

Hmm I have bad hearing I guess, wait that's the night springfield had the 1L mug of beer for 3 bucks at this mexican place.... lol

As does, apparently, the idiot who wrote the article as well as the idiot editor that approved it.

Sportsdude

lol Everybody was drunk! cool! glad I wasn't the only one.

Lots of people are going to complain about something small at these games, those are the folks with an agenda of some kind.

Still want to know how VANOC is going to light the torch which will be outside, from inside a dome. lol
Now that calls for some David Copperfield.

P.C.

Well SD,  before you make another comment about Vancouver being sure to suck......let's not compare Vancouver to Beijing......or winter Olympics to summer Olympics for that matter.  It's like comparing apples to oranges.    

P.C.

The budget for winter Olympics is far less than that of the summer Olympics....everywhere.

Sportsdude

I'm pessimistic/worried we're the Olympics right after Beijing which has set the new standard for everything. It's the first Olympic ceremony to be done completely inside. I'm just worrying too much about it being bad, because it doesn't sound all that exciting at the moment. Then again, I remember Batman fan boys complaining that Heath Ledger's Joker was going to be horrible. lol

Sportsdude

Well that's a typical SD real life conversation, I find the strangest analogies off the top of my head, it comes out of nowhere, out of left field usually. lol  

P.C.

I'm pessimistic/worried we're the Olympics right after Beijing which has set the new standard for everything. It's the first Olympic ceremony to be done completely inside. I'm just worrying too much about it being bad, because it doesn't sound all that exciting at the moment. Then again, I remember Batman fan boys complaining that Heath Ledger's Joker was going to be horrible. lol

Well, again.....we have to remember that the opening ceremonies are entertainment.....they are NOT  the competition.  

Nobody will be trying to 'match' the Beijing's ceremony.  Everyone recognizes its greatness.....and recognizes that it will be a long time for it to be matched. (if in fact that is the goal)  

Sportsdude

I disagree. National pride is on the line with these ceremonies, each country wants to top the last and make it bigger and better. It's to stir up national pride, so everything gets bigger and more flashier every Olympics. Especially since Sydney it seems. They seemed to have started it.  

|